Reel return to Cabelas?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by SwollenGoat, Jul 7, 2008.

1. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

I bought a pair of Cabela Depthmaster line counters back in February. One works flawlessly and the other has had issues since I got it. Sometimes reel won't disengage spool when you flip the lever. Also, the clicker has stopped clicking which leads me to believe there is somthing wonky in the internals.

Anyone have experience with reel returns with Cabelas?
    Customer service says to box it up and return it...:confused:
    Wondering how long I'll be without this reel.

2. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

They are excellent about it.
    I have returned 2 things to the one in Dundee and it was pretty smooth.
    Lines can be long though.

3. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

Sadly I am a 2-3 hour drive from any cabelas. :(

Due to gas prices this reel would be shipped back via snail mail. ;)

4. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Are they going to repair or replace it? The replacement should be in the mail the day they receive it but to repair it, that may take some time. Just call them and tell them about their product and that you want it replaced. Send the purchase reciept with it. I just shipped 2 fathers day gifts back to them with no problem and they credited my account with the refund imediatly.

5. I have sent an abu c5 that was defective back via mail. The only problem was that I checked refund instead of exchange but that was cleared up with a quick phone call. They fix the problem quickly with no questions asked.

6. Cabelas has a very good return/exchange policy. They will most likely make the turn around very fast for you. If the reel needs repair which can not be handled quickly they will probably ship you a new one, then sell the repaired reel in the bargain cave. I hear this is fairly common.

7. Twice I had returns to Cabela's and twice I was very pleased with their service.