Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Relaxing.
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that iam starting to buy more expensive equipment like shimano curado's what type of maintenance should i be doing on them and at what intervals? anything else i should know.

·
Original OGF Staff member and owner
13,422 Posts
Don't take them apart with out the manual real close :D Normal lub and cleaning will take care of them Fish. If you ever have a problem let me know. The guy that ran fish-ins tackle still works on them and services them.

·
Relaxing.
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shoot dale I am a maintenance man there ain't nothing i cant take apart! putting it back together and making it work agian that may be another problem all together.

·
Registered
775 Posts
That up there with one of the best tip that I have gotten. I have two reels that I just did wrong after reading this oiling guild. I will re-do it tomorrow. Thanks.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I sounded like a dumb but. What I was trying to say was thanks for the great tips on oiling reels. It was a learning tip. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I use a lube called Rocket Fuel (Yellow viscosity). Basically I follow the guide that was mentioned above for my Curado's and Castaic's once per year. I tear them down soaking the bearings that are easy to get to , then let them air dry, then put a few drops of Rocket Fuel on them and put the reel back together. I also lube the worm gear with white lithium grease, something I have leftover from my mountain biking days. It's pretty easy after the first time doing it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts