close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Reel maintenance question?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Fish4Fun, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Now that iam starting to buy more expensive equipment like shimano curado's what type of maintenance should i be doing on them and at what intervals? anything else i should know.

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Don't take them apart with out the manual real close :D Normal lub and cleaning will take care of them Fish. If you ever have a problem let me know. The guy that ran fish-ins tackle still works on them and services them.

3. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

4. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Shoot dale I am a maintenance man there ain't nothing i cant take apart! putting it back together and making it work agian that may be another problem all together.

5. BrianC

BrianC Bass Angling Guru

6. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Thanks brian that gives a guy an idea.

7. That up there with one of the best tip that I have gotten. I have two reels that I just did wrong after reading this oiling guild. I will re-do it tomorrow. Thanks.

8. I sounded like a dumb but. What I was trying to say was thanks for the great tips on oiling reels. It was a learning tip. Thanks.

9. I use a lube called Rocket Fuel (Yellow viscosity). Basically I follow the guide that was mentioned above for my Curado's and Castaic's once per year. I tear them down soaking the bearings that are easy to get to , then let them air dry, then put a few drops of Rocket Fuel on them and put the reel back together. I also lube the worm gear with white lithium grease, something I have leftover from my mountain biking days. It's pretty easy after the first time doing it!