close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Reel Lady's 1st Carp :-)

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by Reel Lady, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Here she is.. my very first carp :B 26" and god only knows how much she weighed...
    AK.. This one was for you! :D I knew that you would be proud :B
    Believe it or not.. this baby fell for my brown crawtube with a rattle in it! I was totally shocked to say the least...
    I can see why so many of you love to catch these fish as this fish put up one HECK of a nice fight!
    Thanks to this fish, I am one step closer to my Master Angler award for this year :B
    [​IMG]
    Caught at Pleasant Hill on June 19

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

niiiice one marcia!!.. told ya you would need to keep a carping log.. :D

3. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Awesome fish! Nice job.

4. Congrats on your first :) they sure are fun to catch.Almost makes those bass seem whimpy ;)

5. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

Anytime you catch a nice Carp like that you are suppoed to kiss it one the lips when you release it for good luck.

6. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

LOL.. kiss those lips??? Ummmm.... let me think about that one :D
    Ak.. I knew you would love to see a pic of me holding a pretty (not so little) carp :D
    I will admit, that fish was alot of fun to bring in. Put up an awesome fight that's for sure!
    I was glad to see that my rod and reel held up under that kind of pressure too.
    So tell me... is this just a freak thing that this carp took my crawtube? I was under the impression that they pretty much just went for corn or dough balls...

7. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

8. If it looks like a crawdad they will eat it. I dont think there is a fish that will not eat a crawdad. I have caught cap on crawdad crankbaits while smallie fishing. I have caught some 4 and 5 pounders on my ultralight with 4 pound line while creek fishing, talk about a fight!!

9. Congratulations on the Fish Ohio carp.

10. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

I had the same thing happen to me at milton a few weeks ago. i think this was also talked about on another topic.... great catch!