close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Reel Lady Joins Womens BassMaster Tour!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reel Lady, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

It's official! I will be fishing in the very first ever Women's BassMaster Tour that was announced at the BassMaster Classic this weekend in Pittsburgh.
    Talk about a dream come true...oh my gosh...somebody please pinch me!!!
    My trip to Pittsburgh to watch the classic turned out to be so much more than me just being there watching the classic and drooling over all of the lures/tackle/boats, and meeting the pros.
    As it turned out, this last weekend could very well be a defining point in my life and my destiny.
    Any of you who know me, or read my posts know how passionate I am about fishing. I know, I know, I've slacked off with the pics of me holding up these huge bass that I catch, but thats only because I've been nursing my arm back to health.
    Anyway...while I was at the show I was offered a sponsorship. And while at dinner on Saturday night, I was approached by a few more potential sponsors. I swear.. my head was spinning! I mean.. I just like to fish!!! lol
    Anyway, I met 5 of the women from the Tourney and I have to tell you.. it was an amazing experience to be in the company of these women who all have sparkle in their eye when they talk about fishing. For the first time ever in my life, I was surrounded by women just like myself! Fiercely competitive yet incredibly compassionate, Intelligent but not cocky, Feminine yet extremely capable and just darn passionate about fishing.
    I passed out many cards that of course I shared ohio game fishings website with them, because after all, you are my home base.. my fishing family :)
    I also spent some time with a Berkley Representitive who would love to do a Live Chat session with us sometime in the near future if the OGF staff would be interested. Let me tell you.. he knows his stuff! And anyone who has ever fished with me knows that I LOVE my Berkely Gulp!! (Especially the black sinking minnow :B )
    I still am in awe that someone like me could have this opportunity of a lifetime. I will be part of the making of history and that is incredible!!!! I believe in myself and my fishing abilities, now I just have to get out there and prove that to the world! Pressure??? Nah... lol
    Here is a link which leads to detailed information of the Women's Bassmaster Tour:
    http://espn.go.com/outdoors/bassmaster/s/b_news_WBT_Classic_announce.html

2. Let me be one of the fist to congratulate you. I don't know of a person on OGF who would not want what you have just got. I know you will make us all proud! And don't forget us.

3. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Wow. Congrats Marcia! That would be a dream for sure! So, Please don't forget about us little folks here at OGF when you make it big!! LOL.

P.S. Can I have your autograph?? :D

4. Perch

Perch Perch Addict

You go Marcia !!

5. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

It was just a matter of time. It was pretty obvious you where headed for bigger and better things just by looking at the pic's of those huge fish you've been catching. :D
    Congrats and good luck with the tourney.

6. Congrats Marcia. I know you'll represent OGF well and also further promote the great sport we love.

7. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Wow, now that's SWEET! Congrats!!!!

8. So how much of the first tour win check are you donating to OGF? :D Congrats on this great chance. The best of luck to you. So are you going to get to be on t.v. and everything? By the way check your PM's I sent you one last week. ;)

9. How exciting!!! Congrats are in order for sure.

Don't ever let the industry suck the fun out of fishing for you and you will do great.

Best of luck out there and I hope to you on ESPN soon as the first champion!

10. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

Looks like you'll surely be fishing some better lakes than your used to.
    Hope you get a nice CITGO gas card because you'll be doing a ton of driving.
    As someone else said ...dont let the biz drain you.

11. Way to go Marcia. !!!! Congrats. Good luck.

12. Grumpy

Grumpy Certified Old Geezer

Best of luck to you young lady! Expect to see you on T.V. by this time next season.. ;)

13. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Best of luck and congratulations Marcia!
    Remember you are not fishing against the other anglers,its just you against the fish! :D
    That relieves some of the pressure.
    Its hard not to get the jitters though with media helicopters flying overhead as you fish though. :D
    Just go out and have some fun.

14. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Congratulations!

If you have never fished Toledo Bend and Sam Rayburn before you are in for a very special treat!

Just watch out for the trees, they'll hurt you at 60 MPH :D

I'm sure you'll make us all proud.

Kim

15. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

Good luck and have fun. Hope you show-em how its done!

16. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

I am very glad to hear that you have decided to follow your dream and I wish you the best of luck . :) Dont forget your freinds here at OGF . :) And keep us informed of your success .

What am I talkin about , I know you will tear em up next year . :)

17. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

Congrads Marcia, Go get em'!! and remember never give up, dreams do come true

18. Just told my better half about your dream over the dinner table tonight. I can't wait to tell her you ARE indeed going for it. Congrads and wishing you the very best of luck. Make us proud and don't you dare forget where you came from. lol

Tear em up!

19. I looked for you and Rob at the Classic both Friday and Sunday, but I never did see you two. I figured you must have taken your boat and were out on the river.

Congrats on your decision. How many times in your life was something this spectacular going to happen? When you first said you were thinking about joining the tour, I said "duh, this wouldn't even be a tough decision" if it were me. I'm glad you decided to jump at the chance. We'll be pulling for you.

So, will you be fishing as a boater or non-boater? If you fish as a boater, will you be trading in your new Ranger for a strictly bass boat?

Again, good luck!!!!!! Always remember the fun you had fishing, and you should do well!!!!

Eric

20. Congrats Marcia, Hope That Loomis Helps Out. It's One Hell Of A Worm Rod, Or Drop Shotting!!!

Best Of Luck

Jason