Reel collection growing

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by fishdealer04, Feb 23, 2009.

1. I had my reels out tonight, cleaning and lubing them, getting ready for the start of some serious fishing this year...haha

Just thought I would take a picture of them all together. They are all Abu Garcia 6500 Trophy Series

[​IMG]

2. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

you have some nice reels... I have used the black cats before... how you like it compared to the rest?

I wish they would design a trophy collection in the 7000's or bigger

3. I love the black one, it was the first one I got and I wish I would have gotten some more. For the most part they all perform very well. I am a big fan of the older style power handle (the square shapped one) compared to the newer one. The black one and the 2 red ones have the old style power handle, so I like using them more.

4. sure are some purty reels you got there! :)

5. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

Those are some nice looking reels !!

6. Wow. Ambitious arent you?
    I should get off my lazy arse & do my Winter maint., on all my reels. Lube, greeeze, change some line, etc.. Gotta git'er done.

7. Nice Bryan, I have the Green, Blue, red and Grey ones so far, always keeping my eyes open for others at a good deal. Anyone?? anyone???

Salmonid

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I kick myself for not buying the entire set including the one "rare" one last year of all the Red 6500 Trophy's. It was a heck of a deal, I think something like $350 for the entire set.

9. Mark- which one is the grey one? I have not seen that one before.

10. It is a Tourney series but is listed as a "Carp Master", Ill have to see if I can find the specs for it. Ill show it to you Sat. Remind me.
    Salmonid

11. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Buckeye Bob recently posted an AWSOME collection of "Carpmasters" dating back at lesat 10 years or so if I'm not mistaken.

The Red 6500 Trophy Collections consisted of I beleive six different eched ffish (carp, cat, muskie, maybe striper, maybe trout/salmon, maybe redfish?... then there was one I think the trout/salmon one that was also made in a left handed model.)

Someone like Leeabu will correct me if I am wrong on the models.

12. Yeah they have the carp, catfish, redfish, striper, salmon, muskie in the TC line.

13. catfishconnection.com has got a 6500 catfish pro rocket ( specially for catfishconnection ) 124.95 w/ 20.00 rebate. like to have one, but my wife told me if i get one more rod or reel i,m history

14. Haha...I broke up with my last girl over that. She said I should spend less money on fishing stuff and less time fishing...that is not the right thing to say to me...haha

I have not gotten into the rockets very much. I dont like the clickers on them. From people I have talked to though they said you get used to it after awhile, but I see no point in changing what works for me and paying more money. They said the rockets cast a lot farther than the normal ones do...but I fish from a boat so I dont need to cast that far.

15. I'd love a pair of those blue ones! If you'd like to sell em, pm me please!

16. haha me too of any color or a place that would sell them im jealous :p

17. www.catfishconnection.com has the green one this year. They dont make the black or the blue one anymore.

18. ok im thinking about getting one how well do these work? have you ever had any problems with them?

19. Work awesome. Never had a problem with an Abu Garcia reel, in fact that is all I will use both baitcasting and spinning.