Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out of Turtle Creek today on a buddy's boat and headed for Locust Reef. Water was muddy but managed 5 at a slow pace.Then we headed for Toussaint Reef and took 5 more. Water was better there. Rough and windy. def. needed drift sock. Most fish caught on purple hair jigs and 3 on white heads with purple body. All fish were males(excited) ranging from 18-24".Overall good day and great to get on the water!!!

·
Registered
11,373 Posts
Glad to see you had a decent trip. Reorts like this are going to drive me crazy!;) :D

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
nice catch.

Reorts like this are going to drive me crazy!
well,i'm sure that will be a very short ride:p :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
I ran my first trip of the year today and we got our 5 man limit. Fished the same areas as Got One previously mentioned. Orange and purple were the best colors for us. The water was looked much better around Toussaint, but with the weather coming our way, that is sure to change.
Ryan

·
getting wEYESer every day
1,288 Posts
I'm ready! Took the boat out (local lake) Monday. Worked a few bugs out over the past couple days. Want to take her out again before I head for Erie to make sure. Weather over the next week looks to be pretty nasty, highs in the 30's and s^@w flurries. Guess I'll go back to the cave and tie some more jigs for a few days. Going to DandR Sports in Kalamazoo on friday for their spring extravaganza. Mark Romanack is supposed to be a guest speaker. Good way to spend a sh!tty day. I'll be out when this weather breaks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts