Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of our most popular programs this summer have been weighted reef runners off the big boards. I just attach the RR to the main line with a Cross-Lok Snap. However, we have been dealing with a lot of line twisting and I was contemplating using a good Sampo ball bearing swivel instead of the snap. My question is wether or not the swivel will effect the hunting action of the RR? Maybe Mr. Stedke can chime in on this one.

·
5,997 Posts
One of our most popular programs this summer have been weighted reef runners off the big boards. I just attach the RR to the main line with a Cross-Lok Snap. However, we have been dealing with a lot of line twisting and I was contemplating using a good Sampo ball bearing swivel instead of the snap. My question is wether or not the swivel will effect the hunting action of the RR? Maybe Mr. Stedke can chime in on this one.
We always use swivels on leader and cross/lock on Lure with no twisting.

·
Registered
7,892 Posts
The mayfly pupa cases, weeds, and faster summer speeds, all combine to make pulling Reefs more troublesome. Add in a driver who has trouble holding a line, and you've got a real headache.

Try the leader with a quality ballbearing swivel. If you still have trouble check the tune job after every catch (the fish trashing in the net can knock a lure out of tune).

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts