Reeds Sporting Goods?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Rooster, Nov 14, 2007.

1. I’ve seen them a few times in the hot deals forum. Anyone make a purchase from them? How is their service? Their deals seem too good to be true, but if they are in fact true, I want to make a purchase! Thanks!

2. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

They have a great deal going right now on toilet paper with the Steeler logo on it !:D

3. I bough 3 St.Croix rods off of them last year and everything went fairly smooth, only thing that could have been better was that there website was supposed to be up to date on what they had left and it wasnt, but the customer service was good, items were shipped promptly, packed well.

4. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

my first order from them was also my last. they sent the wrong item, which i understand happens occasionally. but the customer service guy was a complete jerk, and thats putting it nicely. very pushy and arrogant. tried to tell me the wrong item i received was what i "really wanted". theyll never see another cent from me.

5. Thanks for the feedback, but it just make my decision that much more difficult.

Is it worth about $125 (savings on a rod) to order from these knuckleheads?

6. i bought a couple abu garcia reels from them two winters ago when they had a clearence on them. i ended up not wanting one and they took it back after me having it for 3-4 weeks. they treated me good, and had fast shipping.

7. I've ordered ice fishing equipment and it has all been received as requested. A ++++

8. Have ordered several times w/only 1 problem, which was resolved to my satisfaction.

9. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Ordered a few times.
    Even sent a rod back.
    They sent me a UPS label so I wouldnt have to pay for shipping.

10. Been in their store in minnesota several times a few years ago good people to deal with. Also dad ordered rods from them last year that came in without any major hitches. I'd order from them in a heartbeat.

11. hardwaterfan

they wouldnt do that for me. maybe they turned a corner, it was a few years ago now.

12. Customer service suck's. I will not buy anything else from them.

13. I pulled the trigger yesterday, and I guess that I will see for myself what it is like to deal with Reeds. With 40% off a St.Croix Legend Elite, I had to take the chance.

14. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Maybe they were just intimadated.
    I can be very mean on the phone. ;) :D

15. hardwaterfan

oh it wasnt pretty. pretty ridiculous actually. i wanted to reach through the phone and smack that guy. mistakes are ok by me if youre willing to make up for them. if not, then its not ok!