close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Reds Management, What do you think?

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by H2O Mellon, Oct 13, 2004.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

1st the Reds management canceled Reds Fest
    2nd the Reds management decided they didnt want Joe Nuxall back
    3rd the Reds management decided they didnt want Barry back

The Nuxall situation gets me the most upset, but honestly the Barry situation does too. I think Felepie Lopez needs help. I think Barry would be a good role model for another year. I could understand if Barry wanted millions of $ to play, but he said that hed even accept a backup job if he could come back for season #20.

Heres something else that drives me nuts. What had O'Brien ? He came from the Rangers. The Rangers were absouletly horrible when he was there, what happens when he leaves, they almsot make the playoffs.

The only worse thing from a PR view they could od is think of trading Casey....... Oh wait they are shopping Caey!!!

Wheter or not you agree w/ my views or nto, you have to say that these are not smart moves from a PR view.

2. IMHO the Reds should have come to Barry and Nuxhall this year and said you each will get a lifetime deal. Barry gets the minimum + incentives to take him to $1 million/year if he plays X number of games as a utility infielder.

Nuxhall should be the Reds color guy as long as he wants to be period.

It absolutely chaps my rear end that the oldest franchise in MLB is being run by people (Lindner and Allen) who have no idea how to run a baseball team. We have the second richest owner in baseball, a new stadium and a $40 million payroll??? Something doesn't add up there. What I wouldn't give for an owner in the same vein as Mark Cuban, George Steinbrenner or even Marge Schott.

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Yea they are shoping Casey so they can put Griffey at first base??????.Griffey wont play he will be hurt agin, so we will be without Casey and Griffey...I say try and buy out Griffeys contract and send him home.

4. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

hey no disrespect to what Joe nuxhall as done for the reds, but when he is announcing the game nobody has a clue on what is going on. Sometimes I didn't know what game he was watching and trying to follow him on the radio was impossible. I was always excited when marty would take the mike back so I could be clued in on what happened when nux was announcing. It is definately time for him to retire. The barry situation is different, he had a good year and said he would play for little $ so the reds should have jumped on that. Bad move there!

5. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

My question is, why did they change every other manager and keep that crap of a pitching coach when there pitching suffers the most. They need someone in there that will teach them mechanics, and the "get-r-done" attitude and most of all, aggresion. Gullet in his pitching career only hit like 5 or less batters. How often have ya seen a reds pitcher back someone off the plate or retaliate a hit team mate. Maybe some would disagree but it is a part of baseball none the less. They need to be taught aggresion. Just my opinion.

Bill

6. H2O Mellon

I watched less and less Reds baseball last year, I plan on watching even less & less next year. The only thing keeping me is Marty and probally Casey & Dunn. Dunn becasue I got to see him numerous times here in Dayton.

I would love the see Barry go to the tribe. The Indians declined the $5 million on Omar's contract, shoot they could get Barry for $500,000.

7. Should they buy out Kearns' contract too? He has been hurt just as much as Griffey has the last couple of years. I think Griffey played more this year than Kearns did. I would hate to see Casey go anywhere because he is the go to guy when the game is on the line and you need a hit. If anyone were to go to first base it would be Dunn.

I agree with Bassnpro1. I have a hard time listening to Joe. Hell now I have a hard time listening to any of the three announcers. None of them get excited when something happens. Every now and then Marty will get a little excited but that new guy talks in the same voices whether someone hit a grand slam or if they grounded into a double play to end the inning.

The Reds have bigger problems than just their players and managers. I had tickets two years in a row. After the 2003 season we told the ticket sales department that we wanted to know where our seats would be before we bought the tickets. They gave us the same seats as the year before. Why would I pay $300 for seats that you could walk up to the window and buy better seats? Also what happened to the championship team we were promised with the new stadium. That's right they finished 30 some games out of first place. The pitching sucks, most of the time the hitting sucks, the only positive thing sometimes is the fielding. I love to watch Dunn hit the towering homeruns, I love watching Griffey hit homeruns, I love watching Casey slap the ball past the infield but one thing that makes me so mad is watching these same guys watch two or three strikes go by. When I was growing up playing baseball I was always told if you have two strikes on you to swing at anything close. Why do these millionaires watch a third strike come right by them? Maybe we need to make some more changes in the coaching staff. I thought Miley was the answer but I'm not too sure anymore. I guess next year will tell us.

8. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

About the strike thing, almost 90% of the time the first pitch to the reds player would be a called strike as they would just about watch every first pitch go by. How hard is it for an opposing pitcher to figure that out! I like miley, but he can only do with what he has. Replace Gullet, that would be first on my list. We can only wait and see I suppose and complain again next year.

Bill

9. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Big difference between Kerns and Griffey..Kerns is 10 years younger, and makes 10 time less money..Griffey is a waste at this stage of his career...I agree with Gee Whiz, for some reason Gullet seems untouchable, and he has not got the job done.

10. H2O Mellon

Yea, why is Gullet untouchable? He gets so much praise from everyone. This year is the 1st year he has drawn much heat. The pitching stinks from rookie league to the majors. Talk about scouting, look @ when they drafted that kid that told everyone he was staying in school, what about Ty whats his name the kid they called "Little Unit" he was susposed to be in the big leagues by now. It's a sad state in Reds ville. Winning will cure everything, but even I dont see them winning until the front office & entire organazation changes. Remember when the Bengals were the ones w/ organazation problems, now its the Reds.

Come on guys, do you really care if Joe misprounces some latino name, or doesnt know how many strikes there is, or what inning we're in, or falls alseep. Heck, I'd listen to Joe read a dictionary. I think I enjoy Marty & Joe more than I enjoy the Reds.