Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caught One today out of the gmr. iv been fishing this river since i was about 6 or 7 years old and have never caught one till today. are they uncommon or not? thats all i was curious about. my cellphone cam is not the greatest pic but i took one

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
I used to catch them this time of the year below the dam in Hamilton on chart curlytails, when they are spawning they are pretty thick.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I agree in the spring they are found around all the shallow gravel riffles but later in the summer, can be taken on mud bottom area with small nicrawlers and the occaisional doughball. I get them all the time when i carp fish around Dayton and under the dams in the spring

Salmonid

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
from what i have seen the gmr has one of the highest populations of suckers and buffalo of any river in southern ohio, alot of species diversity, atleast among the suckers. hard to target however, try bits of crawler on the bottom you will catch them

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool thanks i did catch it casting a bottom bouncer worm harness type rig with a night crwaler got 3 nice smallmouth around 2lbs as well as what i think may have been a spotted bass or a really bad marked lg mouth. i do have to say that sucker put up a decent fight on my light pole

1 - 5 of 5 Posts