close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

red eye shad

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by crappie4me, Mar 2, 2009.

1. crappie4me

crappie4me panfish junkie

i bought my first redeye shad lipless lure its got silver sides and a light blue back...think it will be good?...ive heard thier pretty good lures

2. bgrapala

bgrapala Micropterus dolomieu

I can't get enough of those red eye shads. those things are AWESOME!! watch the hooks though I've gotten them snagged on a stump and the hooks will bend pretty easy

3. I use these lures out of anger. They are very good to throw out there and reel them as fast as you can if you think you are reeling too fast reel it faster for a reaction bite. If that doesn't work then reel it at a normal pace. Colder water the best thing to do is to "yo-yo" them. These are probably one of my favorite baits to use in spring/late winter. Actually half of my poles are rigged with one. Have fun and enjoy.

4. I have heard nothing but good things about them. BPS has them on sale right now so I picked up 4 of them. Hope they work as well as everyone says they do.

5. crappie4me

sounds like im gonna have to get more than 1...thats a good thing

6. Yeah they work pretty well. I used the blue/silver and caught fairly good sized largemouth..I heard sexy shad is the best though..I just use a normal retrieve and have decent luck.. hope you do good man

7. Erterbass

Erterbass Ohio Angler

Awesome lipless cranks. Sounds like you may have the chrome sexy shad color. The original sexy shad (white sides/a little yellow/a bit of blue) is killer in off-color water.

Like others have said, they are best when burned very quickly or yo-yo'ed. They 'shimmy' when they fall instead of pointing nose down and diving. A ton of fun over grass beds too :p

Bob

8. crappie4me

went to bps this morning got a couple more..they got them for $4.44...i got a nother 1/2 oz and a 1/4 oz...maybe catch a decent crappie on the smaller one???...also got some of the reel magic gonna give that a try too

9. I caught a 12" crappie a couple weeks ago off the 1/2 oz version but im sure the 1/4 oz would give just as much luck

10. soua0363

soua0363 Master of Nothing

They are good baits...you will not be disappointed. I like the 3/4 ounce in the natural looking colors. I only wish they make a 1 ounce version. The 1/2 ounce catches fish its just that I catch bigger ones on the 3/4 ounce.