Red Dot mount for Mossberg

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by rattletraprex, Nov 10, 2007.

1. W.T.B. mount for a Mossberg 500 12ga. for a Red Dot scope. Bought one from a guy but the mount that came with it is for a Ithica I believe. I can find out what it fits if someone is looking for one. Thought I'd check here before I buy a new one. Thanks Rex

2. Was checking the internet and found a site with really good prices for what I need. It's thehuntersmall.com. $20 plus shipping. Has anyone here ever used them? If I don't find one here I'm going to give them a try. TCBA you may want to check them out if you're still looking for a mount for your sons 20.ga.

3. getinjiggy

getinjiggy

0   0   0

Ive been hunting with an England single shot for many years. Las week I picked up a Mossburg 500 from a friend for 125.00. Was this a good deal? Im no gun expert but it looks to be well taken care of!! Just wondering if I was taken or done good.

4. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

Rating - 93.3%
    15   1   0

rex, sent me $20.00 for the mount and $5.00 should cover shipping and i will sent you this aimtech saddle mount for the moss 500. i paid over $35.00 for it many years ago. used it once and found out that id like to have a semi-auto for slugs. less of a walop shooting mags. it is not a junk mount and all hardware comes with it. pop out the pins in the mossbergs receiver and insert a few screws. wa la:) however i would like to suggest that you scrap the red dot and just go with a shotgun scope. you will find that little red dot will have a way of disappearing when you look through the tube at a deer:p or you forgot to turn it off the last time you were out and now your in the woods without any power:( or red dot.

jiggy, $125.00 is a very good deal on a moss 500, shoot it till your sore.

Attached Files:

5. getinjiggy

getinjiggy

0   0   0

Hey thanks man. I didnt think he would take me like that, but I had to know! Im not big into guns but one shot for pheasant isnt enough. There fast birds! lol

6. Ezbite,I take it the mount is metal.I was at Wally World and they have a polymer mount for $20 but would prefer a metal one. I'll send you a PM to get the info on what payment method you want and where to send it. I'll still need the mount even if I don't use the Red Dot. Don't use the shotgun much,mostly the smoke pole and I have to get a new scope for that. So I'll be looking for a scope also. Just had the Red Dot laying around so thought I'd put it to use. Getingjiggy,I'd say you got a good deal on the gun. Thanks ez.

7. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

Rating - 93.3%
    15   1   0

yes, it is metal. it is a quality mount. i purchased it from a gun shop not a discount store. i dont but junk for my weapons;) you wont be disapointed with it. PM sent.

8. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

The AimTech mounts are very nice. I've had one on my 870 for about four years with a red dot on it. I haven't had to adjust the scope since I put it on.

9. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

0   0   0

I'll second the Aimtech mounts. Great quality mount.

10. BigV

BigV BigV

0   0   0

I have used an aim tech scope mount on my Rem 11-87 now for over 20 years. As a matter of fact, I have never even taken it back off since I first installed it. One word of cautionÂ… Make sure your action works properly after installation. If you tighten the mounting bolts too tight, it will pinch the receiver just slightly and then the action will not work properly. Pump guns not quite as critical, but semi autos will fail to eject the empty shell or chamber a new round. My son has one on his Rem 870 pump and if too tight will cause the same problems.

11. I'm Sold. Payment will be in the mail today!