close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Recipe Hunting

Discussion in 'OGF Kitchen' started by CRAPPIE LOVER, Dec 24, 2008.

1. ....I am looking for a good Hot German Potato Salad recipe...I have only had it twice in my life....made by a little old lady ...I was a kid back then and what kid thinks to ask for a recipe...She is long gone and she took the recipe with her...I NEED HELP GUYS...C.L...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015

2. ..Wormdunker69...If I can't find one in there ..then I need help...and not with just my cooking....THANK YOU..AND MERRY CHRISTMAS..C.L...

3. No problem, glad I could help.

4. To DIE for, well at least I thinks?

2 lbs. potatoes, cooked until just done, peeled, and sliced
    6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
    ¼ c. bacon fat, reserved from cooking the bacon
    1/2 c. chopped onion
    2 tbs. flour
    2 tbs. sugar
    1½ tsp. salt
    ½ - 1 tsp. celery seed
    dash pepper
    1 c. water
    ½ c. white vinegar

In the reserved fat, saute onion until tender but not brown. Add in the sugar, salt, celery seed, pepper, and flour. Add water & vinegar. Cook and stir until thick & bubbly. Cook 1 - 2 minutes more. Stir in bacon and potatoes. Cook until heated through, tossing lightly, about 5 minutes.

Can be made ahead, as it reheats well & ya gotta have

REAL BACON GREEEZE

Almost the same exact one from cooking.com + 2 input

5. This is almost the same as my recipe except for I don't peel the potatoes and I don't use any flour and less water (1/3 cup) and just let it simmer for 20 min at the end. And it is DELICIOUS. I think the celery seed is the key for this dish...and the bacon who could forget the bacon. :)

6. I did remember it had bacon ..but how it was put togather ..and with what I had no idea.THANK YOU GUYS...C.L...