recipe for fresh tuna??

Discussion in 'OGF Kitchen' started by freyedknot, Dec 23, 2007.

1. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

i need a recipe for some yellowfin tuna. a guy i work with gave me some steaks?

2. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

I'll send you my address...! :D

Van, it's great smoked, grilled or roasted in the oven. Subsitute it for any fish recipe off the grill, that's good stuff...! ;)

3. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

Throw them on the grill with a little salt, pepper, and lemon, and give me a hour and a half to get there!!:D

4. salt pepper lemon and a little dab of butter, only about 4 minutes or so per side they are best rare or medium rare.

5. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

moved to cooking talk.

keep it simple, salt/pepper, and dont overcook them, it's easy to do, no more than 4 min per side. You want them rare or med rare.

6. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

MMMMMMMM, rare fish...:p

7. tomb

tomb Tom B.

3/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
    1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
    3 tblspn chopped green onions
    3 tblspn mayonnaise
    2 tsp chives
    Combine, mix well, and set aside.

6-8 tuna fillets about 3/4" thick
    4 tblspn lemon juice
    1/4 tsp pepper
    Place tuna in a single layer in a lightly greased baking dish. Pour lemon juice over tuna and sprinkle with pepper. Broil six to eight minutes, or until they flake easily. Remove from oven and spread fillets with cheese mixture. Broil 2-3 minutes until cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.

This recipe is from Love That Tuna by Carmen Gray and Dorothy Hope. If you like tuna, this is an excellent cookbook to have. This recipe is my favorite that I've tried from this book so far.

8. Keep it simple, There are some foods where its better just to let the natural flavor speak for itself.
    Salt
    Pepper
    Soy sauce (optional)
    -If grilling put a little olive oil on the grate before hand.
    -DO NOT TAKE IT PAST MEDIUM , THE RARER THE BETTER

9. Don't even try to cook them - terrible taste no matter how they are prepared. Just send me a PM and I'll stop over to dispose of them for you! :D
    As stated - don't overcook and minimal seasoning with a little olive oil.

10. duckman

duckman Dr Data

Marinate it in Teriyaki sauce (I like honey) for an hour and grill lightly salt and pepper and don't try to blacken it .... Usually when it’s served in a restaurant this way they just sear each side ... good stuff

I won't touch the canned crap ... can't even be in the same room as that garbage