Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I have recently moved back to Columbus after 6 years. I still remember my old spots to a T but I'm looking for new spots that are a bit closer that I can hit on the fly ( I work on call and never know when I will have a chance to make it to the old spots). I currently am located in north columbus around the Westerville/Worhtington area. Prefer creeks and rivers that are wading accessible but I'm also open to some kayaking locations as well. Not looking for the secret spots just a few pointers on where to park and be able to hop in a creek for a nice walk.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Poke along Griggs and Duranceaux. Maybe head up to Oshay. Go check out the little headwaters of Delaware or Alum. Get away from the power boats, and it can be mellow.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'd recommend to go west to the scioto. Plenty of spots to put the kayak in below oshay and griggs. Riverside road has plenty of accesses. You'll see them under bridges or around the parks on your gps. I love the north section of the olentangy above 270. You can find good smallmouth fishing and its a beautiful stretch, much shallower and easy to wade.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts