close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Recent Trips

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by Fishyguy, May 16, 2004.

1. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

Is it me or is fishing on the river very poor lately? I went Saturday night and twice last week, and average was 5 fish a trip, and all small. Shad are hard to get, fish do the tap, tap, tap thing, and the fish are all small. This time every year until now has been a great time for me. I know it's like this sometimes, but 3 trips in a row, thats freakin ridiculous. Ok, now that I am done whinning, what do you guys think?? :p

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Could it be that the comercial netters are taking a huge number of the trophy cats, and there is just not that many left?

3. IM with flathead hunter 7 years ago i saw record numbers of lage cats in my part of the ohio river aroud maysville here in the past 3 years 4or 5 fish over 40 pounds is a out satanding year for the last 3 week there has been trot line run non stop in one mile run an hoop nets out just above them sad to c this but there is not much u can do about it we have cut trot lines to the point that the guy stays with thm all night runing up and down the river watching them

4. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

Thats what I think it is too, I have noticed every year the bigger fish are fewer and farther between. I will cut those trot lines whenever I see em. I know we have had the debate before, but I am against them, and I will suffer the punishment I get if I get caught. It was funny, I sent the link to my website to the guy who owns "catfish paradise". The reason I did that is because I have a link on my site to the on-line catfish petition to stop commercial catfishing. I dont know if he checked it out or not. But............I'd like to think he did...LOL

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

If something is not done in the near future, I think you guys are screwed that fish the Ohio...Although maybe once the netters and trotliners take them all they will give up?..I had a friend at work who went to paradise a week or so ago..Told me there was over 300 people fishing that 4 acre lake..Said he saw well over 40 big cats caught, such a shame if you ask me.

6. bcjet

bcjet Bcjet

Hey signed the petition. Thanks for setting up the petition also enjoyed your website.

Thanks BC

7. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

Thanks for checking it out BC, I will be adding stuff regularly, so check back again soon. Thanks