Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This lure has sat in my tackle box for 4-5 years completely ignored. I'm just not a big rebel fan. The stuff looks cheap. They haven't updated their lures in a gazillion years. They haven't kept up with the latest fads. No more will this lure be ignored -it is awesome! I do not know of a better lure of its type at any price (much better action, more realistic, and better fish catching ability than the jointed rapalas). It casts far (7/16 oz), is realistically shaped, has a fluid motion on constant retrieve, and has the wounded minnow look when jerked (or when jerked during a constant retrieve). The jointed is a tight "V" joint. Not a large gap jointed like the rapalas. Also the joint sits towards the back. I think this leads to a more realistic action. The silver paint is very reflective but all the paint seems to wear off easily. Not a super big deal bc underneath the paint is the bone color. This is supposed to work very well too and they offer it as a color. Thus far I've only fished it in ponds and it does well fishing from shore as well as above weeds. The dinks are not at all intimidated as I caught quite a few as well as largemouth up to 2 pounds. I've only fished it about 3 times and look forward to fishing it in the river. Dives to about 2.5 or 3 feet and is not as buoyant as a rapala so it rises slower. Can't speak for the smaller sizes but the 4.5" rebel jointed minnow is a winner. They retail for 5.99.

·
Powderfinger
7,789 Posts
They haven't updated their lures in a gazillion years. They haven't kept up with the latest fads.
QWhy fix something that isn't broke? When com panies "update" their lures that usually mean they ry=uin the lure and are making it cheaper like Hot-N-Tots and Vib-E lures.
The Rebel craws and Pop-R lures are some good lures. Hate to see them change them.

Fads don't catch fish either. They just part fishermen with their dollars.

Mann's have some good oldies too. CP Swings, Mepps, Flatfish...all oldies but goodies.

·
Banned
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point (foot meet mouth lol).

You must be using the larger sized flatfish. The smaller ones don't swim true, can't be tuned to swim true, and the double hook system they use (with tiny tiny hooks) is a joke. Ever read the sheet that came with the flatfish back in the day? The inventor makes me LOL. "if it wasn't for production problems we would have sold 15 million, not 2 million", etc, etc, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts