close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

rayland backwaters 3/22/05

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by big_fish, Mar 22, 2005.

1. big_fish

big_fish the fish whisperer

fished the backwaters of the ohio in rayland w/flyrod no fish but did get a water temp at 1 corner it was 50 about 70yrds away I got 52 this was at 4:45pm on the north end of the pond the sun was on it all day I plan to stop in the morning and take another temp on my way to work tight lines big_fish :D

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

holy moly..thats the warmest temps i have seen/heard from around the state..
    hmmmmmm

3. You wanna catch bass from the backwaters only go when it's overcast, windy, just plain crappy out and throw 1/8 oz. or smaller rooster tails. Works every year. We'd go on nice days and wouldn't catch a darn thing.

4. The backwaters are only a few feet deep. Probably 5 foot at the deepest. They warm really fast.

5. big_fish

big_fish the fish whisperer

thats my guess also 5 ft tops you figure I had hip boots on and was only in 18 in ? supposed to rain for a few will bring em back down fast :cool:

6. Thats why they are great spawning areas Ak. You would lose your mind if you saw the carp that push up in there for pre-spawn through post-spawn. I have seen solid 30lbers sitting on this flat in the creek that runs out there.

Jake

7. gar

gar

Ive caught a huge snapper , in the backwaters of rayland,some decent cats too!!!