Rayland (above Pike Island)

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by Buckeye Bob, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob rrbski, The Happy Carper

Just wondering if the campground is open during winter months and if anyone's ever done any winter bankfishing there. Was thinking of trying it as a location to fish the Carp Angler's Group First Fishing Folly on New Year's Eve. Open Water/lack of ice permitting...can sit in truck right at bankside and have a "warm" area to go to when needed throughout the night. Good fishing to ya. Thanks in advance.

2. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Yep open all year when I used to camp there. Only problem is the sole electric outlet (the one under the marina sign at the corner of the lot on the river) is shut off at the pavillion breaker box.
    John and Vonda used to let me turn it on for my coffee maker and microwave. You need a hot breakfast in the winter before heading out to the water for fishing.
    I hear they have new owners now so I would call ahead. I don't have the number handy but I know it is on here if you do a search.

3. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob rrbski, The Happy Carper

Thanks for the info...will give em a call. Guess I'll take my ice fishing heater for the cab. Good fishing to ya.

4. hey lewser....who s Vonda???? how about Wanda heh heh forget the nice crappies..they are not there no more. rich the owner dregged it and they are history.im glad we got the huge ones .went two weeks ago and got cats up to 9lbs and a bunch of skippies on minnows. my 6 th attemp for my crappies and not one!!

5. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Dan!!!! How the heck are you?
    Vonda is my M-I-L. Must of had a brain fart.

Too bad about the crappie. Can we get a boat under RT 7 now? Was it dredged all the way up Short Creek?