Ravenna Arsonal reports?

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by WalleyeGuy, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Any members get Deer at Ravenna Arsonal yet this year?
    I have a hunt there soon & just wondering if there were any deer left.

2. Owen...check your MSN e-mails...got some info in there for you and the guys.

3. My Dad and brother are going tomorrow. I'll let you know how they do.

4. DarbyMan

DarbyMan Seize the day

I'll be there the 17th. After todays game I may not miss the game so much. Still hope to be back in the truck early afternoon. The radio should pick it up.

Ill let you know how I do Walleyeguy, when's your hunt?

5. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

we were there today anyone else???? 17B 2 running woodys shots at does-very easy 6pt. buck shot,passed up-10pt dropper tine shooting toward houses and fence, no no :( so no deer but it wasnt too bad alot of other nice deer brought in!

6. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

I was checking in deer again today. I seen the most bucks taken since the 07season started. There was an older gentleman (late 70's) take a giant 16pt with a drop-tine. It was the biggest deer take today. I left at 5:30 and I did not get a total count. I bet there was over 100 deer taken today.

I did not see any OGF stickers come through the check in line. Lil Rob, did you make it out? I hunt on the 17th. Does anyone else?

7. I will be hunting there on the 17th in unit 5c.Any info on that unit?

8. I will be there on the 17 also. Unit 42 B or D. I cant remember which it is.
    Looks as if it will be a mini OGF outing next weekend.
    Chippawa will be my partner on this hunt.

9. When I lived in Ravenna I was lucky enough to hunt the arsonal many times as a stand in or from a draw. There's some really big deer there,when spot lighting was legal we would drive around the fence and you wouldn't believe the racks on some of those deer! They also have albino and pinto deer but they are off limits or used to be. Good Luck to alll who are going.

10. I'll be out there on the 17th...unit 36D.

It is NOT allowed to shoot an albino or pie-bald deer.

11. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Lil Rob, I misunderstood you, sorry. I thought you were out there yesterday. I'm hunting the same day as you. I'll be in area 21B.

12. I'll be there on 17th Unit 3A

13. years ago in 1930 or 40s my great uncle found the hole in the horn dear there, 67 points, found it on the side of the tracks, he was in north american hunter with that buck about 12 years ago, thoough he found it his boss kept it and it was sold several times, they say that the genes still carry out there!!!!

14. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

i saw that buck man it was a beaut!!! really they got 100 hardly heard any shots?

15. DarbyMan

DarbyMan Seize the day

Will any you guys be wearing OGF gear, I have never met anyone from this site.

16. I dont think there is any OGF Hunter orange yet.
    Most of us have the OGF stickers on our trucks.
    I will have on my camo OGF hat untill it is time to switch to Hunter Orange.

17. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

NorthSouth, the trucks poured in after 3pm. I'll try to get a final number.

WalleyeGuy, I asked to have a Hunter Orange hat to be offered last year. I guess the mods didn't check into it. I do not have an OGF sticker on my new truck yet, but I'll have my black OGF stocking cap on before sign in.

I had a thread on here a few weeks ago on common hunting mistakes. People are still attaching both parts of their deer tags on the deer. Only the part you fill out gets attached to the deer. Luckily there has not been any Wildlife Officers there. The WO's will fine you for that. The DOW guys aging the deer are giving warnings. Be careful guys.

18. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

NorthSouthOhioFisherman, I was told today the final count was 124

19. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

wow there were alot of nice bucks turned in though

20. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Here is a picture of the biggest buck taken so far. This is the drop tine I mentioned earlier. Since I did not have permission from the hunter to post his picture, I blackened out his face. Hopefully one of you guys will get a bigger one this week. Good luck to all.

Attached Files: