Ravenna Arsenal deer

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by Greydog, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Driving along SR 5 between Ravenna and Warren between 4:30 and 5:00 this afternoon counted 14 deer in several groups inside the arsenal fence. There had to be alot more because I was trying to keep an eye on the road. The several bucks I saw had great antlers- long tines and nice spread. Was kind of surprised to see that many deer after reading on these forums how many deer came out of there this fall.

2. DarbyMan

DarbyMan Seize the day

Well that place is huge, about 23,000 acres I believe. And I think it only gets hunted 3 days a year.

3. Does anyone know the total amount of deer taken during the controlled hunts?

4. i got to hunt there this year and took a small doe. There was one HUGE buck taken that i saw. At least a 14 plus pointer.

5. I talked to someone who went to Plumbrook on Saturday...the last day of hunting up there. He said through the first 3 hunts there were only 133 taken. He said this past Saturday seemed kind of slow and that they were hoping to harvest 500+ throught he 4 hunts but were no where near that #.

6. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

I hunted Plumbrook Sat. And I shot a nice adult doe and seen around 15-20 deer that day. We hunted area 53. I wasn't all that crazy about that area. We signed out at 5:30 and I was the 67th person to tag in a deer that day and there was only on more guy in line to get a tag.