Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched from Cataba state park today. Those 2' or less waves that were forecast turned out to be a steady diet of 4'ers. Rough ride for my 18' targa but we managed to make it out to Rattlesnake island. Had lines set by 9 am. Trolled reef runners, spoons and harnesses for 3 hours and were rewarded with 1 keeper walleye for our efforts. Gave up on the trolling and headed for middlebass island to try for some smallys. Landed no smallmouth but did catch a 25" walleye on the 5th cast I made with a 3" twister tail. So we ended the day around 2 pm with 2 walleyes and 2 white bass in the livewell. Not much to brag about but fun anyway. Shoulda went east of Kellys I guess.

·
Eat-Fish-Hunt
1,632 Posts
Fishing was slow(except for the farm animals) on Tuesday in that area. The best bet was the Canadian border between Westsister and North Bass. I did find a nice pod of fish directly behind Green and South Bass. They were stacked pretty good right off the drop from 14 - 29fow. The trash fish are terrible if your casting with mayfly rigs. Didn't matter where you went.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts