close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rate these bass lakes

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by JohnBoat, Jul 12, 2004.

1. JohnBoat

JohnBoat OU Bassmaster

Mogadore, Nimisila, Ladue

I've only had the chance to fish Mogadore so far but I was wondering how you bassers would rank these lakes from 1 being best to 3 being 3rd best for bass only. Please include your logic in ranking

2. Great choices for bass.

Mogadore is weedy, but there are plenty of quality fish in there to be had.

I'm a tough judge. Scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 7.5

Next, Ladue. Again, takes some work to learn the lake, but the bass are phenominal. I actually caught my biggest bass here at 7 1/2 lb. Quality fish, quality lake. I'd give it an 8.

Nimisila. There's a reason I keep going back. There are a ton of quality fish in this lake, and I've been averaging 11 bass per trip out, between 1 and 5 pounds. I hope to improve my average in both size and numbers as the Summer progresses. They are definitely in there.
    Rating, 8.5

Hope this helps.

3. JohnBoat

JohnBoat OU Bassmaster

Thanks BIG DADDY thats exaclty what I'm looking for...anyone else want to give their opinon?

4. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

I beg to differ.

Mogadore is the best bass lake I have ever fished on, NUMBER-wise. My biggest out of there is about 5 lbs, but many people have caught alot of bigger bass out of there. This past Sat, My buddy and I went out and I boated 26 and he got 18, all in about 6-7 hours. The biggest was about 3 lbs, but it was fun with all the action. If you count all rock bass, we probably caught 55-60 fish! No other lake I have ever fished can produce 20+ bass for me on a regular basis. RATING 9.0 (for unbeatable #'s)

LaDue has a higher ratio of bigger fish, but the action is slower, and it is a bit tricky to learn. Being in the tourney that runs there, I have seen many nice fish outta there. And alot of guys are catching them. But I have found it difficult to get into the furious action of numerous 3/4 to 2 lbers like Mog. Also has alot of neat cover and unique areas of vegetation. RATING...8.0 (for difficulty to figure out)

Nimisila is a cross between the two. It super weedy like Mogadore, but it tough to figure like LaDue (for me!!). I have the least experience on Nimi of the 3, but I did catch a 4 lber last year. I have not caught more than 12 in one day, but the sizes were pretty good. RATING...INCOMPLETE (due to inexperience, but a 7.0 for my xperience)

5. I don't have as much experience on Ladue, only been there once, and I've only been to Nimi a few times so I don't feel qualified to rank the lakes against one another. On the other hand, I've fished Mogadore a lot in the past 2 years and before that I fished for bass religiously at lakes in SW Ohio and Central Ohio and I believe that Mogadore is the easily the best bass lake I've fished in Ohio (other than the weed issue which can be irritating). You guys who have only fished here in NE Ohio don't know how good you have it when it comes to local bass waters.

Steve

6. I've been fishing Mogadore and Nimisila lately and I'd have to say that I'd rank them pretty equal as far as bass fishing goes. I've had great days on both in numbers and size. (12-14") being average with the ocasional bass about 3 or so lbs. No lunkers for me yet :(

I usually catch more fish in a trip at Mogadore then Nimisila mainly because I know Mogadore a little better now. Big Daddy seems to know some spots Nimi some I'm sure both lakes can produce great days...Trying to take me out some time :D

As far as the lake goes I'd have to say that I enjoy being out on nimisila a little more. The water is crystal clear right now and some coves have weeds about a foot or so below the surface, making it great fishing while still having good control of the boat. Sometimes at mogadore it feels like I have to pull up the trolling motor and rip weeds off every 5 minutes.

7. LaDue #1- they are big and stupid

Mogadore#2- little and stupider

Nimi#3- too small- good numbers- I like the outdoors not the city

Nip
    www.dobass.com

8. It's all based on everyone's personal experiences, that's all. But how you could say Nimisila is in the "city" is beyond me.

9. Are you sure you dont have Nimisila confused with one of the Portage lakes nearby? Nimi is surrounded by trees. Nice looking res.

10. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

mogadore-9 lots of bass and little traffic at times, easy to catch the small ones, but big ones are somewhat available too. would be a ten if the big ones were just as easy. as for the weeds, it's what keeps the fish available, just like nimi

Ladue-8 Wish i could fish it more, but any place you can catch numbers of big fish should get a high rating. beautiful structure too.

Nimi-8 Nice weeds and structure but is so similar to mogadore, w/o the numbers.

11. I wonder if my bias played a role in my ratings! :) You can smell Akron with the right wind on Nimi, you can see the trash from city folks and even at times see parole officers checking on registered sex offenders around the park- thats the city. :eek:

Nip
    www.dobass.com

12. I guess everyone's opinion is different. Oh well.

13. AndroDoug

Oh Uh... Don't get started on that Nimisila-after-dark topic again! :D ;) Maybe that's what keeps me away to only fish it a few times a year. :(

I have never personally seen anything, but I have heard the rumors AND facts!!! :rolleyes:

(How's that for a set-up!)...It's all your fault Nip for bringing it up!!! :D

14. There's stuff that goes on there, for sure. I've witnessed it and even accompanied the law on undercover stings for work. Problem is still there, but not as bad as a few years ago.

There are problems everywhere. I would even venture to guess that some of the same things happen at Mogadore, Ladue, and everywhere else.

I, for one, am not going to let some idiot ruin a great day of fishing for me. I got nothing they want. And, BTW, being 10 miles from "the city" doesn't ruin it either. I'm darned glad there is a place like Nimilsila where I can go fish, catch fish, and enjoy a very rural setting that's so close to my home.

But, like I said, to each his own. No right or wrongs here, just opinions.

15. AndroDoug

You are absolutely right Big Daddy. All kidding aside, it IS great to have a great fishing lake in a rural setting, so close to home. It is truly an asset to the area. Mogadore is the same way. It is more rural, but still real close to the city. LaDue is the epitome of out-of-the-way rural! :mad: (Except for that Super-Highway running right through the middle of it!) :p

16. You're right on Doug. Mogadore is also a great place to get away that's close. I'd swear, once you get out in a nice, quiet cover someplace out there, you'd swear you're in Canada or something.

There's sure nothing wrong with Ladue either. Great bass lake, as Nip points out thru his informative posts from out that way. Heck, they're all great bass lakes!