close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rare or What, swiss made reel

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by redman, Jun 17, 2004.

1. I am Having trouble identifying this old fishing reel that I have. I have tried to look up antique reels and a million other things.
    looks to be made of some type of heavy potmetal?
    on the handle side of the reel it has the name FIX-REEL, oel, SWISS-MADE And it also has the patent number 232544.
    on the oppisite side it has,
    KNEUBUHLER, BURG DORF
    S CHWEIZ
    ANGELGERATE - FABRIKATION
    on the inside of thee spool housing it has the word INCA followed by 3495A3
    I have even tried to look up the swiss patent office to check it that way but it was a no go. Any help trying to solve this would be great.
    :confused:

Attached Files:

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

If you get Bass master magazine there is a web link that they will find out the info on that reel and any others. If you don't get it let me know. I'll send it to you.

3. sporty

sporty OGF Team - Charter Member

Redman,

I found this US Patent that is for a fishing reel and references a foreign patent # 232544. That patent # is from Aug., 1944! Not sure if this is it but it is about a spinning reel.

-Jeff

US Patent 4,222,534

4. DaleM, I don't recieve Bass Master, But if you find the link I would greatful.

sporty, I checked out the site you sent and that is not the reel I have. I will keep trying to find it.
    I was just wondering about this reel because I have never seen one like this and the more I try to find out about it the more elussive it becomes.

5. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

6. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Go to http://babelfish.altavista.com/ and enter the URL that crappiebub posted, then type in fix-reel and you can read the page.

Don't forget to select the German to English translation.

The title of the reel that crappiebub posted reads "1 antiquity Fischer coil fixed Reel"

7. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Also that minimum bid of 60 CHF exchanges over to about 50 bucks american.

8. I still have been unable to find much out about it, I can't find any web sites or even the year this thing was made.
    thanks fishman and crappiebub on the leads. I did find out the name of the reel anyhow, thats a start.