close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

rapala x-rap

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by bassman56, Jul 13, 2005.

1. went out today got some new lures and a rod. i bought a x- rap, people say that they are really good. how do u use them and what can u catch on it

2. easternflyfisher

easternflyfisher BassHaveOvertaken

you jerk jerk wait jerk jerk jerk jerk wait jerkjerk wait jerk jerk jerk jerk wait. basically a jerk and wait retrieve

3. I actually caught a 22" catfish with an X-Rap in the Gold color. I thought I had a nice bass, then up comes a catfish . I would have to say that isn't the type of fish the lure is made to catch, although it was a nice surprise, especially on a hard jerkbait like the X-Rap. :D

4. I bought one a while back but have only tossed it a couple of times thus far and have yet to get a bite on it. But that is no reflection on the lure itself as nothing else produced those times either. But I have to say the I love the lure. It has fantastic look in the water and casts a country mile (ever how far that is:p). I can't wait to give it some real work here in the near future.

5. Bassman,

I've used the X-rap and I LOVE it!

The 552 - Hot Head color is AWESOME!!!

Lot's of different species like it too!!!

Like Reel Lady said "it's found it's way into her "go to" tackle box".

I give it a big thumbs up!!

6. Iron_Chef_CD

Iron_Chef_CD Allez Cuisine

Baught me an xrap, one that looked like a green saugeye. Caught a sm lg mouth first day I used it. Lost it in the scioto recently but picked up a black/gold one to replace it. Funny thing is it looks exactly like my husky jerks but has a feather on its butt. Oh well, at least it sounds cool.