close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rapala X-Rap

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by rockbass, Jan 11, 2005.

1. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I ordered a couple Rapala X-Raps and love the way they look. I am guessing they will be another great from Rapala. I know they are a new lure, but do not know how long they have been available. I was wondering if anyone has used them yet and basically what everyone thinks of them. I am not the biggest user of crankbait/jerkbaits, but am starting to get into using them more. especially for saugeye instead of the go to jig and grub. Any insight is welcomed! :)

2. I got a couple at Walmart but haven't used them yet. They look nice!

3. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I did not see any at the area Walmart yet, nor did I see them at Cabela's last weekend. I order mine through Bass Pro since I had to use me reward points soon. I wanted to get one after seeing them in magazines, so I just got a couple. I love the way they look and can't wait to see how they do for me!

4. They have them at Walmart in Alliance, Ohio

5. They Are In The New Cabela Catalog That Came Out Last Week. It's The Bass/ Panfish 2005 Issue. They Are 5.99. I Looked At Them But Haven't Ordered Any Yet.

6. CLappert

CLappert Gander Mtn./OBFN

We had a full selection at the east side Gander Mtn in Reynoldsburg before the holidays and they disappered pretty quick got a few left and they do have a good look to them

7. at Thanksgiving time and threw them along the rip rap at Alum. They have the best darting action of any jerbait I've seen (IMO, better than Husky Jerks and Rogues). That being said, I did not catch a thing that day!

I am looking forward to getting them out for another test, though.

8. rockbass

rockbass Banned

they are being billed as Extreme action Slashbait, which sounds good!

I don't expect to catch anything much the first so many times out, cuz it will be before prime fishing time, but I am sure they will produce if I find some fish!

9. I must have missed them the other day, seemed that all the Rapala was pretty well picked over with the 10% off, picked upa regular shad rap and a shad rap RS. I'd like to try a couple of these new ones