close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

rapala discontinuing the color "clown"

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by capt S, Nov 12, 2007.

1. a worker at gander mountain said that rapala was discontinuing the color "clown". i asked this question because they had one whole rack of clown husky jerks. i was just wondering if anyone else has heard this. and why would they do this to one of their best colors!

2. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

If I remember correctly they stopped making other baits in the clown color a while back. I have not heard anything about the HJs though. I can just see the rush to buy them up, myself included:D

3. I cant understand why they would do that:confused: unless they want to make limited runs of them every couple of years and have them sell like hotcakes.

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I wouldnt get too freaked out. Several years ago they revamped the "Clown" color, so lets hope thats all they are doing.

I know guys in Northern Minnesota that have hundreds of Husky Jerks in only two colors: Clown and Firetiger. I bet those guys will literally riot in the streets if Rapala did away w/ their go to bait.

5. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

hmm,,ill be stocking up just in case....we dont want another Y2K happening

6. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

does that include "glass clown" maybe thats what they are going too.

7. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

Gotta love that glass clown:D

8. tubuzz2

tubuzz2 1700 Lund Red and tan

Maybe PETA is pushing this, another way to stop the us for getting too many hawgs.

9. i heard that they were discontinuing them because the walleye said that they tasted "funny".

all thumbs

10. I've had probably just above average success with the clown color but if the mess with firetiger I will lead the riot in the streets

Scott

11. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

Clown is the one of the 2 main colors in my night time arsenal. If they disconinue it, I'll stop buying Rapalas and start buying Smithwick Rogues. (Now all I gotta do is find someplace that carries them!!)

12. I heard the same thing a the gander Mountian in Mentor. The Guy also said that the WHOLE Husky Jerk series is being discontinued.

13. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

maybe Gander Mountain us trying to boost their sales by scaring fishermen?

14. tubuzz2

tubuzz2 1700 Lund Red and tan

A guy I know talk to a Rapala rep and they are not discountining clown color.