rapala color

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by ezbite, Oct 28, 2008.

1. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

a while back i was checking out some rapala saltwater baits and i saw a color ive never heard of called "bunker" i didnt think much of it thinking it was some type of saltwater baitfish i never heard of so i forgot about it. but..i was at gander mtn yesterday and they had an xrap that was the bunker color. it is kinda gold with about 8 small black dots by the gill area. what is this suppose to be an immitation of?? i thought maybe a goby, but i already have a goby xrap and it looks nothing like the bunker one does, so i doubt they'd make a second pattern. thanks.

2. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Bit by Musky bug

Who knows? I've asked myself that all the time when walking through tackle shops or even looking around all the cranks and baits I have in my boat. Reef Runner has 130 colors and about 10 of them are true natural shades....it's all what the fish want, most of the colors just catch fisherman Tom you know that your a spoon junkie...no different.

3. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

It's a type of ocean baitfish (several different species)....I believe.

Attached Files:

4. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

krusty, you da man!!! thats exactly what it looks like:)

spoon junky.......kgone, whaz you talkin bout:p

hi, im tom and im a spoon junky:p spoons were my thing before OGF, now that ive been a member a few years and have learned the way of the crankbait, i keep buying crank after crank after crank..:B

5. The saltwater guys refer to a certain baitfish as "bunker". It is also called menhaden, among other names. They are very prevalent in the surf areas. Here is a picture of a "bunker"
    [​IMG]

6. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Bit by Musky bug

Tell me about it! I have around 20 new ones I haven't even opened yet!...I got some new night baits yesterday actually, stuff I have never ran before...a couple of them are BIG baits and a few other were pricey but I know guys who have ran them and they do pull fish....come on calm waters!!

I'm a crank and blade junkie, my GF says I have serious serious issues.

You guys watch to much Discovery Channel!!!! :p

7. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

I hardly even used spoons this year. I would say 80% of the fish caught on my boat this year were caught on cranks, the remainder were caught on harnesses. I love me cranks too !:p

Attached Files:

8. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

i actually picked up some of those bunker colors last trip to dicks, i havnt seen then goby colors yet, but figured the bunker looked like a goby and thats why i got it. Hope it pulls some fish for me this night bite. :B