Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at nimisilla today and when i was leaving a spot a ranger was sitting in his truck and watching the other side of the lake with a lense on a scope that could have counted the craterss on the moon. Just because you dont see them they are still there. He said he was watching the other side of the lake for people fishing and LITTERING. He was talking to another ranger who left. My guess is they were relaying to one another info on the perps. That lake got a bad rap a while back and they are trying to fix it. The hills have eyes beware, do the right thing. If you brought it take it with you cause you might never know who's watching from where. OH! the fishing SUC$%D. Not even a sniff.

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
Good to hear!

·
Powderfinger
7,789 Posts
That lake got a bad rap a while back and they are trying to fix it.
Good to hear! Don't speed down Christman Rd either. They give tickets too.
I was thinking of going wading there tonight.

·
Registered
218 Posts
He may have been looking to prevent "alternate" activities as well. Nimi got a reputation as a "hook-up" spot of a different kind.

·
It's all about the doin'
775 Posts
Good to hear the ODNR is working to keep Nimisila clean, safe and full of fish.

Keep up the good work ODNR

·
Registered
508 Posts
If there are any ODNR guys reading this post......thanks for the great work you have been doing at Nimi and all across Ohio!!! I have fished there twice in the past couple weeks and both times have seen rangers...once I was asked for my license. I can't stand litter .....to me it is a sign of ignorance and laziness. Also, I can't stand anyone who cannot afford $20.00 for a license to fish for 12 months on any of our state's beautiful waters. I am not really a big supporter of government agencies because they usually screw up more than they fix....but the ODNR is one agency that I actually can see doing a great job maintaining our lakes, campgrounds, wildlife, and so much more. So much so, in fact, that I think $20.00 to fish for a year is a bargain. I spent a year living in Germany about 10 years ago. There you have to take a course of about 6 months (if I recall correctly) and spend about $300.00 (if I recall correctly) to get a license only to be allowed to fish side by side, shoulder to shoulder, with other anglers stacked on the shoreline like trees. "God bless the USA! Love it or leave it!" Anyway, thanks ODNR!

Sluggo

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hey, Good to here that they are out doing their job, heck i thought they were all up to the Maumee, putting the spy on snaggers.
But seriously, Littering is one Big Black Eye for us as fisherman, see it all the time around here, it is just amassing how someone can bring bait containers, along that have their bait in them, use all the bait, and just throw the container on the ground and walk away like it was nothing. Bet they don't do that in their back yard.
I try and pick up some everytime i see it, if i have a bucket with me. But get tired of baby sitting other people, that dont care about the looks of were they fish.

·
getting jigging with it
625 Posts
the scumbags back yards probably do look like trash... I blame it on the way they were brought up or just plain ignorance and laziness...I was just fishing side by side next to some old guy probable about 60 or soo and after he realizes his lighter is dead he tosses it into the water... I didn't say anything but he deserved a lecture... I figured someone that old is going to change sad but true...
there is a section of the hoga in kent that this guy sits and drinks beer and leaves all his cans evertime they are littering the entire shore line...and on top of that he is a real jerk...If i see him again this year i will call the odnr on him because that is pure scum...
Worse thing is these guys give up all of thier secrets by leaving thier trash... You can tell where people fish and what they are using...Gives away what they are fishing for also...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts