Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having problems with my 2006 Ranger 621 trailer winch. It is a Fulton XLT 1801 and looking to replace it. Has anyone had to replace theirs? If so what make and model did you replace it with? I am currently looking at the Fulton XT 2 speed 2600lb and the Fulton F2 2000lb models. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just replaced mine on a 2001 Ranger 619 with the F2 2,000 # model. It’s like night and day compared to what came from the factory. You may want to look at the 2 speed since yours is a 621.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The 2 speed winch is a common upgrade that people make on the Ranger trailers. I haven’t done it, guess I keep waiting for the stock one to quit working.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
The 2 speed winch is a common upgrade that people make on the Ranger trailers. I haven’t done it, guess I keep waiting for the stock one to quit working.
damn it.. didnt know I would have gotten one.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys! I ordered the Fulton F2 2 speed 3200lbs model. I will take some pictures and give an update once installed to maybe help someone else down the line.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Too late now...but as I am getting old and weak my replacement will be electric. Saw a guy land his boat with one as I was cranking mine and said " that's what I need".
EB

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gotta love Amazon! Etrailer.com wanted almost $400, got it for $162 shipped in 2 days! Demo and install took about 45min and the install was very straightforward and easy. I will post how the first launch and retrieve goes, so far so good.

·
Registered
475 Posts
That looks really nice. I assume the handle is for manual if needed. some of the ones I saw didn't show a handle like yours.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That looks really nice. I assume the handle is for manual if needed. some of the ones I saw didn't show a handle like yours.
It's not electric just a manual 2 speed handle winch. If you slide the handle shaft out to the right you get increased mechanical advantage change the gearing.

·
2,437 Posts
It's not electric just a manual 2 speed handle winch. If you slide the handle shaft out to the right you get increased mechanical advantage change the gearing.

That is the winch I put on my boat. I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts