Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 1995 Ranger 690VS that's been a great boat for me, but I'm looking to upgrade in the near future.

Right now I'm just trying to gauge the market value of my boat and locate where the interest might be. Here in PA there is not much demand for multi-species rigs like mine. I will probably be selling in the near future.

I browse boat classfieds almost daily, so I have a pretty good idea on what the boat is probably worth. Curious as to what others out there might think.

Boat: Fiberglass- 1995 Ranger 690VS, Single console, Deep-V. Above average condition, some scuffs, dings, and wear, but gel coat & general appearance in good condition.

Motors: 2006 Mercury 150 Optimax w/ approx 200hrs.
2008 Mercury 9.9 Pro-Kicker
Minnkoata Bow Mount Trolling Motor
Misc: Ranger Single axle trailer, Lowrance 525 at helm, 4 Dubro rod holders, 4 Tite lock rod holders,

Like I said- really just want to know what others out there think. I know ultimetely the market and demand will determine how much my boat is worth...Thanks

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,509 Posts
15-18K would be a good target price if you find the right buyer you'll get it. Your motors are both newer and it's water ready so you have that in your favor. The 690 is a popular musky model (popular period) and due to it being a single console alot of midwest musky guys like it. Your market is basically smaller water walleye/musky country upper midwest WI,MN,Dakota's etc. Basically guys that can't afford the newer 619,620 or 621 want these boats or guys who want a lund style layout but want a glass boat/Ranger.

Here is a similar listing if you haven't already seen it but alot of them come up in a google search. https://www.walleyecentral.com/classified/new/adviewer.jsp?adv=15610

I would also list it on walleyefirst.com alot of musky guys on the muskyfirst.com part of the site.

Look at other models on the walleye first site under classifieds to see what other rigs are going for, you can sort by Ranger

Good luck with the sale.

What are you buying next?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the insight K-Gone...

I'm probably going to try and sell it early next spring.

I'd like to get into a new Ranger 1850 or 2050, but realistically I can't afford such a boat.

I really like the Stratos 385 & 386, so I'm looking around trying to find a good deal on a left-over or 1 year old model. I like the wide beam 99", slightly deeper hull, and amount of room in the back of the boat.

My 690 gets crowded real quick, so I'd like something with more of dance-floor, since I do alot of trolling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts