Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bass & Catfish Charter Service
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened twice in one week!

1- Me and Bassbum took a trip to AEP recently and we were surprised.
We went to a nice sized lake down there and two old dudes had parked their vehicle on the ramp. Although there were plenty of places to park out of the way, they parked on the ramp! I yelled and whistled for them to move their vehicle and we waited the 15-minutes for them to cross the lake and move their vehicle to another spot. Luckily, they didn't say a word, and neither did we.

2- Another time during the same week, and another lake, I went to a lake by myself and found a small truck parked on the ramp. This time I yelled and whistled, but nobody came to move their vehicle. Before I left the area there were two other boaters that had moved into the area who was blocked from using the ramp to that lake also.

Can you believe the nerve? I had evil thoughts (LOL!) but didn't act on them.

·
Avid bait killer
311 Posts
WOW. How lazy and inconsiderate. Like no one else is going to even think of fishing that lake. I've been down there quite a few times and there is always places to park but there are very few ramps. Unbelievable!

·
The Ohio Outdoors
362 Posts
I run on to that all the time up there. Seems some people are afraid to fish further than 5 feet from their vehicle, or afraid to walk a little...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I keep getting the people that want to load/unload their boat and hook everything up or un-hook everything right in front of the ramp, isn't this why they have pull offs or lots?
Doesn't common sense say that the Ramp is only to put the boat in or take the boat out ?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
look JPguide, your asking for common courtesy. do you know what that entails, someone has to actually walk an extra 100ft at the beginning of the day, wtf, I didnt start fishing because I like walking, I want to sit in my boat. plus, I own whatever lake I am fishing at, at the time, so if I park there its ok, plus, I know the game warden, the owner, the county sheriff, and the president, so there, you cant do anything about it.
I hate running into things like this, I get those same evil thoughts, but hold back! lol. I hope you guys dont have to deal with this very often. was the fishing good once you got in the water atleast.

oh new idea!!!!! ok whenever you fish take along some NFL linemen, preferably 5, but 6 if they are from the browns or bengals(I am an honest ohioan) and if they are from the stealers screw you. this way you can simply have the giant mutant humans pick up the car and drag it to the parking area. unless they have a pittsburg sticker...then you can just roll it out of your way...:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts