close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

RAL settelment

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ezbite, Nov 26, 2007.

1. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i just got a check in the mail from an RAL settelment. it has something to do with a tax return i filed with H&R block in 94. i didnt even know i was involved in a suit:confused: anyone have any info on this? there is a website, but i cant download it for some reason.

2. ezbite

3. I hope they send everybody a check , Ive used H&R block for the rapid refund deal almost every year.

4. ezbite

ive only used it once because we were going on vacation and looks like it paid off:D

5. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

WHY????? it only takes 10 days if you do it yourself on line and it costs me $10.00 for all 3 returns. @ freetaxusa.com

6. "tax return i filed with H&R block in 94"

The internet and tax sites weren't what they are now in 1994. I don't recall the IRS having electronic submission beyond the tax preparers back then. That's why they are probably getting in trouble, since there wasn't another "fast" alternative other than their high interest rate loans.

7. I used to get tax returns of around 4 to 5 thousand dollars with only a few hundred of that being money that I actually paid in taxes , so most of it was almost like free money. In that situation , if you need the money as quick as possible.....why not ? Its people in that group that can actually benefit from the RAL . Im a little more conservative with my money now since my returns arent even close to what they used to be so I do it the cheapest way.

8. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

If you make a mistake on your taxes, you have to pay the penalties. If H&R Block screws it up, they take the blame. Considering the amount of tax laws and the way they change each year, I'd rather pay them more so I don't have to deal with it when something goes wrong.

9. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

I filed once with them, but I think it was before the year 2000. I did file thru Jackson Hewitt for either 2 or 3 yrs, can't find any info on them tho....and no check in the mail....yet!!:confused: