close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Raising Wax Worms

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wormdunker69, Sep 26, 2008.

1. I am raising wax worms and it says to use sap less saw dust. I presume that this means using hard wood saw dust. Any help is appreciated and thanks for your response.

Wormdunker69....Bill

2. Hey Buddy it sounds like you need a new hobby...:) .......Go fishing , the perch are hittin in your back yard.............;) ......................Take Care...........Rich

3. Where are they? I have been looking for them.

OK, now would you care to answer my question? Thank you very much, lol.

4. Thanks for your help truck. Appreciate it.

wormdunker69....Bill

5. I was picking up some old bee hives, The farmer came out and told me that waxworms have gotten to his hive. I took out the old comb and put them in a small tupaware container. I have around 50 babey waxworms, and more are hatching every day. I would say I have around 5,000+ eggs in the comb right now.

6. peple of the perch

I wante to know what to put them in when they get bigger. I was told to use sap less sawdust.

Let me know if you come up with an answer.

Thanks peple.

wormdunker69

7. wormdunker.......you might find an answer talking with a local bait shop that sells waxies or a pet shop that handles them as pet food. Some shops carry wood shavings for hamster bedding...that may work.

Not much of a wood person but wouldn't any well cured, dried piece of wood give you sapless sawdust?

8. Bobinstow90

I'll check out the pet shops and see what they say, thanks!

Sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner, was pouring some #10 hook jigs to paint and tie for steelies.

wormdunker69