close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

raingear?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by BigDaddy300, Apr 23, 2005.

1. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

:confused: Looking to purchase a new rainsuit and would like to hear some input on your favorites. Have been looking at the Cabela's Dry Plus Spectrum. Does anyone use these? how are they? Thanks for the help.

2. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Frogg Toggs. The ones with the bibs. If you get the pants instead of bibs youll be sorry. You stay bone dry and they are a great windbreaker to

3. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

i borrowed my buddies heavy winter guide wear suite when we went to dale hollow and i say i need one.

As for rain gear i will probably go with a cabelas or bps, the froggs are nice outfits but my buddy has one and has already tore it. and the way iam i know i will thear it all to pcs.

4. toad

toad geriatrics supporter

Frogg Toggs have my vote. I wore mine at the cold, snowy, wet and windy Crappie tournament today and stayed dry.

5. You can't go wrong with the Cabela's guide wear. It's a little pricey, but well worth it in my opinion. it came in real handy today at the Crappie tournament.

6. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

What DC said. good 7 hrs in the rain/snow today and the only part of my underlayer that got wet was my pants down around my boots. didnt take the time to strap down the leg cuffs this a.m.... normally around 400.00 for the set but if you watch you can get the set for a tad over 300.00.

sowbelly

7. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

Another idea would be the Gore tex 100mph outfits made by Bass Pro Shops. I have got to get a better rain jacket, the pants I have a real nice but like ncraft said, the bibs are hard to beat.

8. I Have Cabelas Guidewear And Love It,warm And Dry....

9. Bigdaddy, I bought the same suit you are looking at in Cabelas and I am very happy with it. You can't beat the price.........JIM

10. The North Face, Marmot, or Mountain Hardware. I always have used backpacking raingear.

11. FABA_Guy24

FABA_Guy24 Bucketmouths Nightmare

I would recommend any of the BPS 100mph raingear, if you looking to spend a little money.. If not then some of there lower priced lines are good ones to consider. :)

12. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

I recently purchased Cabela's XCR series gortex. The XCR series have stretch panels that allow for a wider range of motion. I considered Bass Pro Shops 100mph suit but really didn't want a suit that was insulated for cold weather. That would eliminate using it in the summer. I would rather have the uninsulated and layer clothes underneath so I can use it in both warm and cold weather. Reel Lady and I were out in the rain Friday evening and I stayed dry and warm. If it got colder I simply added another layer of clothes underneath. The stretch material made casting comfortable.

13. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Another vote for Guidewear. The Crappie tourney weather yesterday was a great test. I stayed perfectly dry all day.

14. JBJ

JBJ

I can agree with every suggestion made so far, they are all good choices. Just figure out how much $ you want to spend. I think the Frogg Toggs are likely to be the cheapest but not 100% sure.

15. I vote for the Cabela's guidewear also. I wear mine in all conditions and have never been let down!

16. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

Thanks guys for all your advice. Gonna go with the Cabelas guidewear. Going to the site to put the order in now. Thanks again.