close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

rained out in fotroit

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fshnfreak, Jul 27, 2007.

1. fshnfreak

fshnfreak I fish therefore I am!!

the nite started good got to my lil honey hole for cats about 930. had the first cat hooked by 945 on shrimp nothing spectacular but a nice 2 pounder. then i rigged up ole bessy my baitcaster with the bait clicker. i slabbed on a 4 inch gill and put her out there. by 1015 i had a nice run on the gill i let the ole cat play for awhile and when it finally sang i set the hook but i came up empty handed. the gill was still twitchin so i put him back out there and as soon as the bait hit the bottom it ran for about a 20 yard stretch then i set the hook and the fight was on from there. i finally landed this cat about 10 minutes later i thought she was gonna be atleast 12-15 lbs by the way she fought but a nice 9lber wasnt a bad way to start the night. then the thunder rolled i had one more nice run b4 i got rained out. wow i was amazed at how nice bait clickers work while cattin. i only wish i had known about them 3 nice cat poles ago that i gave up to the drink. anyway from now on when i am targeting big cats the clicker is the only way to go as far as im concerned.

2. That sounds like a good night despite being rained out.

By the way where is Fotroit? I have never heard of it.

3. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

sounds like a GREAT night of cattin' until the rains hit !! YEP........them clickers are mighty handy for sure !!!

4. fshnfreak

fshnfreak I fish therefore I am!!

lol fotroit is actually fostoria.

5. LOL

I wondered if maybe that was it. I get up in that area every now and then and knew it was a place that I had not heard of and wondered if it was a bit of word play.;)