close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rainbow Lakes

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by dip, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dip

dip dip

went to xenia a couple times recently to watch my daughter's basketball team and passed what i reckon to be rainbow. so i'm thinkin of tryin 'em out this year. anyone got any tips? what pay puddle is over in moraine? saw it going to a snow/ice removal snore session put on by the state.

2. Rainbow has been re-po'ed by the Bank, doubt it will be open this year. the one in Moraine? was it on Gettysburg rd and next to the big landfill? if so it was "Gettysburg lake". its a pretty good pay-pond that doesnt get much pressure. they arent in to "big fish" so your most likely going to be targeting and catching farm channels, trout, bullheads, and maybe big panfish.

3. Rainbow isnt closing or owned by the bank. I know the owner personally ive grown up with his family since i was a little kid. He will be opening it up in march, weather permiting. The owner is going to let me put my jon boat into a few of the lakes. He wants to see what the fishfinder shows. I will get with him and find out his stocking schedual. He had a set schedual last year and ill check to see if its the same.

Only other one I know of around here, is Bills Trout lakes. They are really picky thou, cant use superlines either.

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

The last time I looke as I passed there, the lake was up for sale again. DIP.... it's pretty much an easy drive for you, but man there has GOT to be better areas for you to go. Get w/ ole Flathunter, he knows all of the good pay puddles.

5. Yeah he had the property up for sale because he wasnt making much money. He said that due to the import ban on fish from canada the cost of fish went way up. He only made 36,000 profit last year and he said the hassle wasnt worth it.

6. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Try castaway lake in Hillsboro

7. H2O Mellon

See I told ya! :D

8. dip

dip dip

hay jack i'm gonna try to hit every pay puddle in ohio at least once this year! you are welcome to join me in my quest!

9. We are having a Tourament at Castaway on May 4th.It's for members of cinypaylakes.com only.If any one is a member on here go to the site and get signed up for the Tourament.

10. hey can i go with ya when you put your boat in? pm me

11. H2O Mellon

TomC......

You may want to talk to your friend. There is a sign out @ Rainbow that say it has been sold to new owners.

12. hmmm i was wondering about that myself

13. Rainbow is under new ownership, and we will be opening March 14, 2008. Currently stocking trout and cats! Family owned, family oriented. Great fishin' fun.

14. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

dang jack! how did you get an invitation? He won't talk to me.

15. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Dont worry Bill, he never responds to my pm's..It is like talking to a wall!

16. Hopefully the new onwers will keep cleaning Rainbow up, my friend cleaned a few of the lakes out and pulled a few cars out of one of the bigger lakes. The only reason i quit fishing there was because Rainbow was getting really bad, they need to drain a few of their lakes and clean out all the crap, cars,bus and other misc junk thats still in the big ones. Drain em and clean em out and ill be there.

17. neocats1

neocats1 Team Catastrophe

There's a nice lake up north here, Rohr's Lake. If you make it up, let me know and I'll try to go out with you. Excellent channel cat lake.

18. H2O Mellon

Sounds like someone else I know..... :eek:

19. what? and get rid of all that great cover?;) we had a spot in the big lake where there was a submerged Semi truck, best spot in the whole lake! thwey took it out and it ruined it. good to see rainbow is still kicking, lots of memories at that place. will be out on opening weekend providing trout are stocked:)

20. what about the pike?? (thats what the sign says) what kinda size will be stocked?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.