Ohio Game Fishing banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
This just in from my contact(Would bet this was the source-expands a bit on previous posts):
“I’m guessing it was an escapee from the Munroe Falls Lake stocking in the metropark that DOW did this spring. It is one of our new catchable rainbow trout stocking locations. The outlet stream of that lake/pond is less than one river mile over to the Cuyahoga proper. Probably slid down the spillway and swam out to the Cuyahoga and then made a little trip upstream; at least that is my best guess.”

Sons and I used to catch trout at the old Medina Hatchery winter and early Spring, put in a large aerated cooler, bring home and stock them in our pond. We’d c&r them(Blast!) “til the water approached 70 degree F“, then try to catch them out, freeze, grill or smoke them. Otherwise, they croaked from the warmer water. Hope Don ate this one at his “Father’s Day fish fry” as the Cuyahoga should easily go over 70 In summer!

·
Fish fire food friends family
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
...just got home from a little river walkabout near Kramer's ballfields in Kent. Alot of 3 inch smallmouth action going on. Crazy how many I got in an hours time with rebal craw.

Goodtimes...except them dam mosquitoes 🦟🦟🦟!

I flipping hate em hahaha.

Don.
Water Glasses Sunglasses Goggles Vision care
Water Plant Sky Natural landscape Fluvial landforms of streams
Water Hand Vertebrate Finger Fish

·
Registered
81 Posts
...just got home from a little river walkabout near Kramer's ballfields in Kent. Alot of 3 inch smallmouth action going on. Crazy how many I got in an hours time with rebal craw.

Goodtimes...except them dam mosquitoes 🦟🦟🦟!

I flipping hate em hahaha.
What would you say are wade-able CFS levels for the Cuyahoga in Kent? Thanks

·
Fish fire food friends family
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
For me and last 4/5 years I have been paying attention and taking notes with water levels and river gauge charts.

Example: Berlin river gauge. Google it and click USGS Mahoning river BL Berlin...its easy to do. Experience and notes will help tremendously with reading gauges and help with decisions with fishing certain spillway/dam or rivers.

For me and (fishing) it's so much MORE than just FISHING. I put in the time/work/footsteps/miles/hand written notes...and sometimes in (secret) type places ... maybe a carving on a tree 😎🎣👊

...my notes say that the Chagrin river clears up the fastest over the Grand. The Grand in my opinion is the most turbid river. For me and the 3 or 4 spots I like walk it ... always slippery bc of the silt it holds. Again take notes with every trip out and use the river gauges and sometimes the <live> cameras that are available online.

Example #2: Fairport harbor live camera.

Click (angle cam) the live video has a 10 second delay...but is so useful when you live 50 minutes away and want to see the <wind> flag blowing and how many folks are on the short pier...plus overall view of anything looking East towards pier/litehouse/north/south breakwall.

...end line is...take ur notes and do homework. I have compiled a wealth of knowledge/hand written notes since 2014. Tendencies/weather/water temperatures/dates/time of day...you name I got it documentary like lol.

Don.
Handwriting Font Office supplies Rectangle Writing

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
What would you say are wade-able CFS levels for the Cuyahoga in Kent? Thanks
looks like anything less than 300 would be manageable.... obviously you make your own call when you get to the water though...

lol... and you're welcome for giving you a short, clear answer. 😂😂

21 - 31 of 31 Posts