close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rain, Rain Go Away

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fshnteachr, Jun 4, 2008.

1. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

I am tired of all this rain, geesh.....I want to get out and float the rivers, not whitewater kayaking!! :)

2. Ajax

Ajax Rapala Snagger

It looks like I won't be fishing for a couple of weeks. I hope the spawn turns out ok.

Little Miami at Milford
    [​IMG]
    Great Miami at Hamilton
    [​IMG]

3. AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been trying to get out to fish some rivers. they haven't been clear since April.

Is there a Go Away Rain Dance to preform before I float away?!?:C

4. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

The worst part about this rain is that it is really going to hurt the spawn. Most fish had laid eggs and those and the fry are going to get washed out now.

5. Chillbilly

Chillbilly Kayakfishing Ohio

I hear ya. Last saturday, I was bumming because I thought I was on my last trip to Rocky Fork Creek. It's up 2.5 feet since then.

The water gauges have been fun and dissapointing to watch.

6. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

I don't mind the rain personally, except for any damage it may do to the spawn. The creek I live on is a small drainage area near the OR and empties quickly. This time of year after a good (or bad depending on how you look at it) rain, the hybrids tend to come up in the creek when the water clears and OR comes up. Usually makes for a good couple of days fishing. I plan to try it this weekend!

CW

7. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

I went out tonight and the hybrids and white bass were up in the creek at the first riffle. Current was just a bit above normal, usually good conditions in my experience to bring the hybrids into the tribs while the river rises. Maybe the larger tribs will start clearing up tomorrow.

Date: 6/5/2008
    Time: Evening
    Surface Temp: 70
    Water Clarity: Clearing
    Weather: Sunny
    Target: Hybrids
    Baits: 3" Swim Shad, white inline spinner
    Depth: 1-4'
    Fish Count: 20 or so
    Species Caught: White bass and hybrids
    Notes: White bass were good size on average. Wipers starting hitting real close to dark, but nothing huge...a few 3lbs+.

CW

8. cantsleep

cantsleep 3rd shift blues

Awesome report creekwalker, very interesting stuff.

9. Ajax

Ajax Rapala Snagger

Seriously, this rain needs to stop. don't want to be forced to shore fish like someones grandpa cause the river is too high. (not meant to offend shore fishermen or grandpas). I just wanna wade some rivers.

10. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

I laughed out loud on that one! Not only is the rain ruining fishing, today it is ruining the 4th