close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rain On Tap

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by crittergitter, Aug 20, 2007.

1. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Did someone say we need some rain. I think we're going to get some:

Forecast Conditions High/Low °F Precip.
    Chance High Temperatures Low Temperatures Precipitation Wind Speed
    Tonight
    Aug 20 T-Storms
    N/A/72° 80%

High not valid after 2pm
    Tue
    Aug 21 T-Showers
    83°/71° 60%
    83°F

Wed
    Aug 22 Isolated T-Storms
    90°/71° 30%
    90°F

Thu
    Aug 23 Isolated T-Storms
    92°/73° 30%
    92°F

Learn to Keep Cooling Costs Down
    Fri
    Aug 24 Isolated T-Storms
    91°/73° 30%
    91°F

Sat
    Aug 25 Scattered T-Storms
    87°/65° 50%
    87°F

2. I don't know about you but here in downtown columbus we were getting buckets full a couple minutes ago.

3. shwookie

shwookie fishing from a kayak

Little darby is up 4" or so since this morning.

4. We have needed rain incredibly bad here so it is all welcome.;) However, we can do without the fireworks that came along with it.:eek:

5. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

Its raining so hard and long here in picktown the dish network signal is out for the last hour. AWESOME, but I miss the military channel!

6. OSU_Fisherman

OSU_Fisherman Bassin' Buckeye

I'm 15 miles east of Zanesville and I was fishing in some of that torrential downpour we had. Caught 3 nice sized bass 14-17" in about 15 minutes. I decided to get out of there when a lightning bolt hit between me and the treeline on the other side of this place I was fishing (~20 acre reservoir). Even though the fishing was good, it wasn't even nearly worth the risk.

7. oh yea, gonna be hittin some fish in the next couple of days, this rain should make for some activity on hoover and alum, not to mention bring some of the rivers up enough to float on, dont know if im gonna get the jon boat out or the creek crawdad????

8. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

I will be fishing the creeks and some ponds (i hope lol).

9. StuckAtHome

I sure hope the rain brings the rivers up, but not too much. The long rain we got today in picktown has got to help, hope up north near the headwaters of our rivers got this too, then the rain can shut off Thursday night, so they are clear for fishing, I can hope at least. This year I plan on floating a lot later in the year than past years, always quit around mid October or before. Your never too old to learn something new!

10. it just depends on how much rain we get i guess, on how muddy the scioto, darby, tangy, walnut get...it will prob take a couple days to clear up...thats when the bite is gonna be good..only problem is unfortunately, im off work tomorrow and then ill probaly have to work the rest of the week..that sucks!

11. wow, tangy is muddy and get this.....it has water in it!!!! alot of it, i cant even see any rocks! haha just last week i was draggin over rocks in the same place.

12. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

Anyone know what the Darby bends lakes look like? Will be there tonight going for Lm. Hope they are active and wanting a Zara Spook.

13. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

Good call bubba...a quarry is probably the only productive place to be fishing the next few days. and yes these low light cond. should be favoring the top water bite.
    how is the shoreline access over there, can you walk around most of it??
    I would suggest bulging/gurgling a colorado bladed spinnerbait near the rockline/breaks. I should join u guys tonight as i will be right in the neighborhood.

good luck

14. i checked the nut today it dont seem to be up a whole lot but is a up some........but its choco milk.should be fishable by the wknd though.....mid

15. StuckAtHome

Well we needed the rain, and its a good rain so far, spread out. I hope it can soak in enough to bring the water table up a few inches(feet?) so the rivers have some consistent flow for a change, instead of these downpours that just mess up the rivers for a few days and not help much. Wonder how the corn and soybean crops are looking this year, I haven't had any great sweet corn yet, still looking and will drive its its SWEET!

16. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

My Dad brought us some sweet corn from Letart Falls a couple weeks ago. It was pretty good. The Bi-Color was a little fuller than the Silver Queen but it was all good. Better than the feed corn you get at the groceries around town. The watermelons weren't quite perfect yet, but getting there. I miss fresh Southern Ohio produce.

17. StuckAtHome

Speaking of sweet corn, I think its funny that the sweet corn festival held in Buckeye lake each year a lot of the times is not even OHIO corn. Indiana Buckeye lake Ohio sweet corn festival, lol.

18. corn...corn... instead of fishing the past two days..all i have done is shuck corn cut it off the cob and freeze it...it will taste great this winter but sucks doing it.. probaly froze 100 bags of it...not to mention making all the salsa this week too...150 jars of it..gotta do something with all those tomatoes!

19. fishintechnician

fishintechnician Amateur legend

i live a mile or so away from the sci in prospect(40 min north of columbus) and it is way up. the highest it has been since spring. i'd say easily 3ft. there is a spillway down here and the water is running almost even acros it. just sunday i was fishin it and could easily walk across at any given spot. now it's almost out of it's banks. it's just unreal how it can go from one extrem to another so quickly. hopefully it will clear up enough by this weekend that i can check it out.