Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going out of 72nd St tomorrow morning, Sunday.

On the water about 7 30 or so. Will start about 40 fow looking for perch.

Looking to give or get help on channel 68. Call for garpatti.

Feel free to make contact, maybe we can help each other rather than just follow the pack of boats that often just makes for a lot of boats when no one is really catching.

Thanks and good luck

·
Registered
598 Posts
How'd ya do? I went looking for some hump out by Bratenal but couldn't find it. Anchored up in 49' of water, caught a few Sheethaids and white perch. Moved closer to 35' and caught 1 small perch. Packed up and trolled back to 72nd St. Lighthouse and pulled 3 Walleye, one 17" and two 22". Two off spoon harnesses (Pink Panties) 100' back with a 30 Jet Diver, and the other on a Pink/White Colorado - 2oz inline weight - 35' back.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Bigjoe,

Started out at 38 fow near the lighthouse/breakwall, nothing happening there. Then moved to the pack at 43 fow straight out of 72nd St. with little success. Got some tips from good Samaritans on the radio that there was some luck over to the west out from the stadium. Did OK caught 60 perch in 40.5 fow on the west end of the stadium. But true to form for the solar/lunar charts, it dried up between 3 to 3 30. Size was less than desirable and lots of throw backs, but what a nice day and lake!

Glad to hear you got some eyes.

Sure am grateful to the guy that put me on the fish. I think it was Nomad99. Hope he sees this and responds so I can thank him.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Glad to help out garpatti. When we first started fishing that spot it was slow but we were marking a lot of fish. They started biting about 9:00 and it was on. They were running on the small side but when you are catching triple headers you can be selective.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Northcoast Nomad,

Glad you made contact, I was so involved in the "chase" for perch wanted to say thanks a million for the help (and millows). I can catch with the best of them,IF I CAN JUST FIND THEM.

My fishfinder/depthfinder is pretty good, but I am a bit tech challenged. So I turn it on, go to the prior days hotspot and look to see if I can get marks, but don't spend much time at it. I get too anxious and just start fishing. So I do get some help from those that are willing on the radio. Surprisingly, there is often some that will help. Some are willing to help their fellow man........it's refreshing.

Anyway good luck to you I usually have channel 68 on the radio, I'll call out to you when I'm out to see how you are doing. Feel free to do the same.

I live in Massillon, but if the weather permits, I try to go each week, maybe out of Edgewater the next time since the spot you marked is close.

Rich or garpatti

1 - 9 of 9 Posts