close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rain Gear

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jshbuckeye, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Looking to buy a rain suite to keep me dry and warm Jacket/Pants or Jacket/Bibs looking for comfort also. Wonder what other fisherman are wearing.

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

For the money, that Gander Mtn Guide series stuff is hard to beat. I've been using them for years, and have yet to get wet...ice, snow, rain and sleet.

3. How much dose that cost from Gander Mtn? I was just about to ask the same question...Im in need of a good rain gear also

4. I think I got my bibs and jacket for around 150 at gander for their brand. Well worth the money for staying dry while fishing all day in the rain. Frog toggs are good on warm days and run around 50. But if you are looking for a good set to last and take some beating I would go for the guide series at gander. Unless you want to spend up towards 300 for great goretex suit.

5. frogg toggs are what i use...they are really good.

6. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

Gander Mountain Guide Series TechH2O. Has kept me warm and dry. Cost about $150 for parka and bibs, on sale.
    If you get these, be sure to follow the cleaning instructions. I threw mine in the washing machine and they were no longer waterproof after that. I had to spray them with waterproofer, now they're OK again.

Brian

7. Thanks i will deffinately look at the gander pro series

8. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I own two sets of the Guide series, washed them repeatedly without issue...

When I used to work in the ski undustry there was a product called Nikwax...ya throw some in the dryer when you dry your waterproof jackets/etc... and it bonds to the fabric and "rebuilds" the waterproofing if it's in need. Stuff worked extremely well.

9. hey shakedown, where would i find "nikwax" at i am having touble finding a good waterproofing stuff for my guides series cloths. thanks man!

10. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Basspro 100-MPH goretex is pretty good stuff too. A little pricey, but hey, you only go around once...! :cool:

11. sweet thanks shakedown! just ordered exactly what i wanted.

12. hey shake.. does this stuff stink much? I want to re-waterproof some of my hunting raingear.....