Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of replacing a 15 year old North face Goretex rain suit and am looking at the following:
Bass Pro 100MPH Suits ( $430)
Cabelas 300 series Guidewear suits ( $430 )
Frabill fxe Extreme suits ( $430)

All will be the jacket and bibs. Ironic how all of them are the "exact" same price...

Anyone own one of these and if so, Im curious about the sizing ( should i go up a size or normal etc) and anything you do NOT like about them.

Thanks
Salmonid

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I have the Gander Mountain equivelant to what you have listed. I love it. I actually bought mine at the end of the season and paid $125 for bibs and $125 for parka otherwise it would have been over $400 like the others. Several guys in the Bass Club I used to fish with had the BPS gear and they all loved them.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
what's your size? I got a good deal I can give ya on Frog Toggs, size L used once. I out growed 'em.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Boatnut but between my ever increasing girth, Im more of a XL then a L. Plus, once you use goretex, youll never go back to different fabrics when it comes to comfortf and breathability.

Really interested in hearing about the Frabill Suit as there are tons of reviews of the other two online.

Salmonid

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was actually surprised at how well the Frog Toggs work. I picked up a pair in a pinch and they worked pretty well. I am sure they don't work as well as the goretex suits, but I didn't expect them to. I have a pair of Guide Series Rain gear I got from Gander Mountain for hunting and they never worked so well. I am better off using my Yellow Construction rain jacket then the Guide Series suit!

·
Will Yak For Food
2,947 Posts
Upsize 'em Salmonid! I ordered from a catalogue and had to re-order one size up. you'll want to have freedom of movement and room for layering.--Tim................................................................................................................................................................ Orangutan Terrestrial animal Primate Adaptation Organism

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
I bought the Gander Mt H2O TECH bibs and parka on sale, $79 for the bibs, $99 for the parka four seasons ago, and they have done a great job.

Sometimes you can find the Cabelas Guide Wear in the bargain cave for a very good price, but finding the right size is hit or miss.

·
Soutwest Ohio Muskie Assc
341 Posts
Mark,

Frabil just won Best New Apperal award at ICAST for their suit. Haven't seen it in person but have heard good things about it.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys, lots of good feedback, Bryan, that was great find on the frabill suit, thanks!!
Im gonna be at BPS Sat so Ill try one of theres on then for sizing and see how I like it, My biggest problem is I have a ton of cabelas gift cards to use on this. Kind of limits me away from BPS. Thus why I am looking at the Cabelas vs the Frabill

Salmonid

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Whatever suit you go with as long as it is Gore Tex you can't go wrong. I had purchased a Cabela's suit and used it for years....It started leaking and Gore Tex gave me a new model of my choice!
It was a nice upgrade and I have never stopped singing praises about them to anyone that will listen..

Now that's the way to run a successful business

·
Fare Thee Well!
481 Posts
Who gave you a new rain suit of your choice? Cabela's or Gore Tex?

·
Registered
839 Posts
I bought one of these for hunting last year. Havent had it in a downpour, but really like it so far. They have a great warranty on their products. LIFETIME, with a temporary garment replacement when they are repairing or replacing your original product. I have only used it in cool or cold conditions, so I am not sure on how well it will perform in warmer weather (breathability). My jacket has armpit vents. It is very light weight too.

I am considering buying another jacket from them soon.

Anyone else have any experience with rivers west products?

http://riverswest.com/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts