close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rain...finally

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by creekwalker, Nov 26, 2007.

1. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

I ran down to the river today after work to see if the little bit of current might get the hybrids biting...not really. Maybe tomorrow or the next day, river level should be a little better and finally some decent current.

Date: 11/26/2007
    Time: Evening
    Surface Temp: didn't take one
    Water Clarity: Clear/Muddy
    Weather: Raining
    Target: wipers
    Baits: 3" plastic Shad and jig
    Depth: 1-8'
    Fish Count:1
    Species Caught: White Bass
    Notes: I was fishing at the mouth of a trib, clear on the Ohio side, muddy on the trib. Fished for about an hour and lost something large, caught a small white bass. OR river level about 16' and rising. Right at dark some surface action farther down river where the water started to mix.

CW

2. kyjake

kyjake Still learning

Fished just below Greenup dam from 3Pm-7Pm with it raining most of the time.Was fishing jigs with curly tails for walleye and sauger.Caught numerous small sauger and four keepers over 12" and three stripers-hybrids.Took the sauger and two of the smallest stripers 2 1/2 to 3 lb.All the stripers were caught within a half hour period just after dark.Hooked something real good during this time.It must have hit as soon as jig hit the water as with the first turn of the reel it was putting a good bend in the pole but after bringing it about half way in it came off.The water was a little murky.
    Jake

3. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

Went again for a bit this evening, but not much happening. I only had about an hour before dark. Caught a couple quickly when I got there, but that was about it, not counting the cigar saugers I caught.

Date: 11/30/2007
    Time: Evening
    Surface Temp: 51
    Water Clarity: Stained to muddy
    Weather: Partly cloudy
    Target: Wipers
    Baits: 3" Shad, 3" white grub
    Depth: 1-15'
    Fish Count: 6
    Species Caught: Wiper, sauger
    Notes: Fished same trib, water was up another 3 feet. Fish weren't in the front side eddy and there wasn't much of a front side eddy since the river was pushing back into the trib. Caught some small ones near shore in the mouth and had some small sauger mixed in closer to dark.

On the river side, I did have one nice fish on, but expecting it to be a wiper it surprised me when it neared the surface, it cleared the surface and threw the hook. I'd guess it to be a 3lb smallie. It hit pretty deep, maybe 10'.

CW