close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Raiders mota' ranch

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by LakeRaider, Apr 10, 2004.

1. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

:cool: Todays project: More horsepower for the zfish! The wimpy 45 Merc. is gone- Hung a 1999 75hp Merc. on his Tracker! Nice project and a fun day with zorty! :) Hey, Mike was even turnin' wrenchs on this one. :D I beleave the guy might have the more horspower bug!!! LOL All thats left to do is fuel it and take it to the lake and dial it in. Heres some pics of the afternoon (about 3.5 hrs to hang it). And one pizza break! Its got a nice S.S. prop too! LakeRaider<><> :cool:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Lookin good guys ! Feel free to give me a holla when ya need a tow zfish :D :D

3. i still want to drive your hydro...put a 150 on it and let me give it a spin...hehehehe

4. Phil Carver

I have a comment about the set up . I believe that the mota needs to be raised up some . From the pic's it looks like the prop shaft is to far under the boat . May just be the pic's though . :)

5. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

We,re going to start with the lowest setting. The motor might be able to come up a bit but since this is not a pad boat and this is not a surfacing prop I felt it best to start testing at this setting to eliminate prop blow out. The boat , aka (skow lol)) will probably need a higher lifting prop like a turbo to get the hull up. Mike is looking to run in the 40's. Hey "when it doubt, trim it out!" :cool: Raider<><>

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  6. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Mike running 40's? God help us, he has trouble walking 3 miles an hour. After 20 MPH before he'll think he's flying. Raider keep an eye on that boy! ;)

7. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Raider, Thanks for letting me help you put the motor on. I would say it the other way around but I cant lie that bad LOL. Im ready to rock and troll. Now if I can get me a kicker motor I'd be all set. :D Dale dont worry my boat may not go as fast as yours but I'll still catch more fish :D

8. Phil Carver

You may catch more fish but you'll never find your way back to the ramp to weigh them in ! :D