close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Raiders deckboat!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LakeRaider, Jul 29, 2007.

1. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Thought I was kidding eh? LOL Raider

Attached Files:

2. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

is that the one you just bought? :LOL.. thats great...

3. Hey!!! Think you will be able to make it go fast??:D :D :D

4. C'mon Raider, open it up man.

How fast will it run man? Looks great. Are you going to take Shortdrift trolling one day or what?

Lookin good bro!

5. What's the powertrain in that beast?

6. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

Raider you are nuts man, I love it............Are you in cinci I would love a ride on that bad boy...S

7. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Not my boat. Thats Johns boat from jet boat connection in Toledo. Just making a point what you can do with a deckboat. Mines being rigged thisweek
    ( found it has a weak transome) so I,m reworking the transome in aircraft aluminum. Johns boat is a 454 chevy with a berkley A cut (impellor) pump. I,m going to run a 2.4 240 hp merc on mine. My hull weighed in at 1048 lbs less mota.
    I,m hoping to see around 74 mph. These are tri-hulls with no pad so theyr,e a little tricky to get them up out of the water.And even trickier to keep them from chine walking. Notice Johns boat doen,t run too flat? I,m adding a hull cavatation plate and trim tabs to mine to level it out. Starting out with 10 inches of setback on the mota. Last I heard Johns boat was running about 63 mph. Fun project so far. Red is already rolling her eyes and shaking her head alot! lol Had the Aussies (young Warby,cousin Shane and English John)here tonite helping out with the rigging and drinking huge amounts of Fosters and putting in there (adult) comments about American wanker engineering. Red was laffing and telling us we are going about everything all wrong as usual.:) Who cares, more beers babe!:D
    Raider

8. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Heres young Warbs boat we,re throwing together. 16 ft. Chaparell v-drive with an all aluminum 640 cubic inch Donovan big block. 10-71 blower. 1400 hp. And I,m crazy? :p Raider

Attached Files:

9. And I,m crazy? Raider CERTIFIABLE!!!:p man you sure puy together some sweet rides!!! i'd love to check out you shop and shoot the breeze over some cold ones!!! how fast is 1400hp going to go??? 135+???

10. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

I'm thinking you're going to have a tough time getting that thing down to 1.5-1.8 mph to troll for those finicky 'eyes. :D

11. They created a sport that a jet boat races in a canal maze (more or less). The navigator has to direct the driver from memory. They use 14- 16 foot boats like the one Raider pictured and go about 60 in a canal maybe 6 feet wide. I've seen it hit the Pacific Northwest here. The canal course is full of tight and complex turns. The course may cover a quarter mile, but the footprint is only inside a football stadium!