close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Racine Ramp

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by DoubleD, Jan 3, 2008.

1. It Looks like the river level has droped enough for a trip down south. I was wondering if some one could tell me what the ramp conditions were at Racine.
    It's a two hour drive from here. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. I haven't seen it since the river went down but it should be ok. If not, you could always put in at Syracuse. The dock is not there but there isn't one at Racine either.

3. Thanks for the info. Syracuse is a bit longer run but if that what it takes, I'll go there. I was just wondering about the mud. I assume that the concrete slab of a ramp is cleaned by someone. Don't know much about who takes care of it but god bless? Looking foward to a weekend trip. I think winter fishing the river provides the most fun fishing of the year when the water is right, and that includes all the time spent at the big lake!

4. I'm not sure who takes care of it. I know the OH DNR is building a new ramp just upstream of the current one. It should be nice. Good luck if you get to go this weekend. If the ducks don't start flying in soon I'll be trading out the shotgun for the fishing rod.