close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

rabbits

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by johnboy111711, Aug 20, 2004.

1. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

I am just wondering what you guys think the rabbit forcast will be this year. I know around my house the population has been devestated by the spring flood, feral cats and now a pair of hawks that has moved in. I have only seen 1 rabbit since may.

2. WOW !
    That does not sound good ...
    In the spring I saw plenty of rabbits which means they made it thru winter in good shape population wise ...
    I shoot every feral cat I see :mad:

3. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

wish that was possible, but live in a semi residential area populated with house cats too.

4. A house cat without a collar is a feral cat. I live in Akron and there are stray cats around all the time. I do not just shoot them. Should i find one tearing up my trash, or otherwise causing me grief, out comes the pellet gun.
    Huntinbull

5. just remember the "Three S" rule- Shoot, Shovel, Shut up.

6. ... LMAO ... :D

7. I see a nice size rabbit everyday along with 6 black squirells in my back yard eating on clover and nuts just waiting for me to get the recurve out. LOL......Wished I didn't live in city limits...Rich

8. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Cats are the # 1 predator of small game and birds around my area. They kill will to many rabbits and somthing needs to be done about them. I think they even had an article in F&S about them a couple years ago.

Thats why I feed every cat I see, I feed them a nice dose of lead!! :eek:

I have seen a albino rabbit around my house a couple of times. :cool: I even seen it breeding with a normal colored rabbit once. And yes im sure it was not a snowshoe hare.