Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How good is a rabbit dog if it running rabbit around 12 to 14 weeks old??

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
You have been blessed! My beagle Ringtail ran at three months and was fully trained and a true roto rooter at six. She also save me the difficult task of saying goodbye when she dropped dead in the garage while I was away.

·
Bag'em and Tag'em
909 Posts
I had my first dog running her own about 6 months (got her at 5 months) and she is now a stud. her pups took a good while longer to get going but they are now up to snuff. Each dog is different and if you have a good dog to go with it will definetly help with the progress. Now with that being said my "pups" aren't worth a damn on their own because they have only ran with their mom. Good pack dogs though. A good trainer dog is great to get them going but i would recommend taking them out on their own also to learn how to pound the brush and get their own jumps.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I going to record some video today and may try to posted it. It's not my dog but a friend of mine dad's but I been helping him try to get to run but it seem like we didnt have to do anything.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
It's honestly in their blood. You just have to introduce them to it. The big thing is commands while they are on the track and making sure they aren't gun shy. My male beagle took it up within a month. He'll be 2 in september and he's exceptional. I even got a bonus that he retrieves and I can control him well enough to flush pheasant. My female proved to be more difficult with commands but she was running rabbits and flushing at 4 months. Can't wait to get them out. They can sense it's coming!:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts