close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

R.I.P. lucky fishing hat

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CoolWater, Jun 12, 2007.

1. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

Well my 10 mo. old Lab got ahold of my favorite lucky fishing hat and destroyed it. Tons of chew toys but decides that particular hat was the flavor of the day. Highly unlikely I can replace it - just an old American Eagle ball cap that I'm sure has been discontinued by now.

That hat has been with me for many memorable catches, R.I.P.

damn dog

2. fishingguy

fishingguy The Inferior Fisherman

The female dog I have now did that when she was a pup. My hats, shoes, socks, underwear anything that was mine. Never touched anyone else's stuff. It's a dog thing. So If you see a guy with a hat with tie raps holding it together and two different socks on, that be me!:eek: :D Damn Dog!

3. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

Be thankful it was just the hat ! My wife (I'll blame it on her) left the cage unlatched when our American Bulldog was close to a year old. We were gone for about an hour and he decided to eat one end of the couch in the living room. DAMN DOG !:p

4. CoolWater

Thank you guys, keep the stories coming, it's easing the pain... :D

5. tubuzz2

tubuzz2 1700 Lund Red and tan

Mine destoryed a extension cord, If it was a cat I think it lost a life. One shoe was chewed that it so far. He has a thing for mulch right now, will not leave that stuff alone. His potty breaks are interesting when he eat alot of that stuff. Poor dog going to have hemrodes.

6. When my lab was a couple monthes old, he jumped through our front window at the mailman and cut his paw open real bad, so he had to get a cone around his head so he wouldnt mess with it.

So, the day it happened, we had to leave for a couple hours and I didnt want to put him in his cage, so I put him in my room. I picked up everything so he wouldnt chew it. When I get home, I open the door and the room was a complete mess. My metal blinds that were above my bed were down and torn apart with teeth marks in the metal. My computer desk was all scrathed and bitten up. Somehow, he got into my closet and tore up some of my socks and a shirt. There was a lso a book torn up and everything on my 3-4ft dresser was on the ground. Not to mention papers that were in my garbage can...

I guess he was mad we left him. lol

7. 8 month old lab/shepherd has already ........
    *destroyed a brand new denture ($800.00)
    *destroyed 2 pairs of glasses
    *destroyed 1 digital camera
    .........and he still lives !

GR

8. Matt I had an American Bulldog for 14 yrs. Best dog I ever owned even rode on the Harley,had her own googles. She's gone now but still have lot's of reminders,chewed furniture,handles on my reels,my leather Browns cap and more. Would love to have her back chewing again.Enjoy while you can. They're like kids they go through stages.

9. My dog used to love to bite off the button on the top of my ball caps. I had to throw away 4 hats I think because she chewed the button off. She also loved to chew on flip-flops, she totally destroyed 2 pairs of them. You couldn't leave a jacket out either because she would bite the zipper off. It was always my stuff too, she would never destroy any of my girlfriends stuff. DAMN DOG!

Jake

10. i gotta..lab great dane mix...wasnt informed she was part great dane til after we got her..but anywho

1 fishing hat
    3 pair of shoes
    1 shirt

but i cant get rid of her, shes still my fishing buddy :)

11. Micro_Mini_Angler

Micro_Mini_Angler live-2-fish

my puppy had a point where she like to get my hats and tear em up. she is a puggle though.Pug/Beagle. i seem to have a lucky ODNR wristband. it is like a green and blue one like those "LiveStrong" ones. i have yet to be skunked other than 1 catfishing trip.

12. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

Yeah, they are definitely great dogs but they do shed a lot. Strong as a hell ! Axl just turned 5 so I have a good number of years left with him (God willing):) Stoshu has one also I believe.

Attached Files:

13. Sure do.....she goes through 1 (2 if we would let her) of the 12" raw hides that you get at Sam's Club. We have lost count of the number of the kid's toys that she has taken care of.... The funniest is when she gets a big thick stick in her jaws....

[​IMG]

Krusty - I am wondering if Axle & Lexus may have be brother & sister. Lexus is about 5 years old, and my sister-in-law got her from a breeder in Norwalk.

14. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

Axl chews the snot out those rawhides also, sometimes until his mouth bleeds, these dogs absolutely do not no what pain is. We got Axl from some hillbilly in Greenwhich that claimed to be a breeder. Axl cost me close to $1500 in vet bills due to the incompetence of this "breeder". I won't go into details here but I did a lot of research on the issues he had as a puppy. Oh well, I got back what I paid for him from the "breeder". He has been worth every cent though, would do it all over again !

15. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

You guys got some nice looking dogs!
    Only thing my dog does is annoy the heck out of me.
    And I wouldnt want it any other way!

16. Hell my 3yr old beagle "Brutus" has gone thru about 6 couches, a number of shoes, a few hats (OSU ones) and underwear!
    Now we have a year old puggle (beagle/pug mix) his name is "Hotdog" hes gone thru a ton of shoes and my 3yr old son’s toys!!!!!
    The funny thing is my older beagle "Duke" (15yr old) just shakes his head and tells me "I told you so...."
    Damn dogs!!!!!

17. The family and I where in a pretty bad crash a couple of years ago. 17 year pulled out in front of us and BAMMM.
    The 4 of us where transported to ER. We were fine, banged and cut up was the extent.
    A friend met us in the ER and took us home. I opened the door and white stuffing was everywhere.
    Our 2 year old GSP disemboweled the couch and spread it throughout the house. It looked like there was a foot of snow inside.
    I tried to get him on a flight to Korea that day to be the guest of honor at a Korean dinner but my kids talked me out of it. :D

18. CoolWater

These are some very good stories... I'm feeling like a bit of a whiner over just one special hat. I mean she has gotten other stuff but nothing I really cared about...

Guess I just didn't remember how much dogs (especially puppies) chew!

19. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i was shooting hoops last summer and went to take a pee break and when i came back i could not find the ball. well i started walking around the back yard and found my dobby behind the garage chewing up my basketball. yes, damn dog:) now no balls get left in the yard. she killed a football too.